- San Diego Miramar College serves 11,271 students (17% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 44:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 53% of the student body.
- San Diego Miramar College is one of 22 community colleges within San Diego County, CA.
- The nearest community college is Grossmont College (9.1 miles away).
San Diego Miramar College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|259 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||11,271 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:44||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,917 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||9,354 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Miramar College opened as a training facility for San Diego's law enforcement personnel and firefighters in 1969. The 125-acre campus has been growing to meet student needs. The past decade has seen the construction of a high-tech computer business center, library, police academy, child development center, digital media lab, online "bullpen," classrooms for SDSU's Higher Education Center at Miramar College, and the first phases of a 32-acre athletic complex, including the largest aquatic complex in San Diego County. A science/technology center and advanced transportation center opened in the Fall of 2004 to provide additional needed facilities. Each semester, about 12,000 individuals of all ages, ethnicities and backgrounds attend Miramar College classes.
- The associate in arts and the associate in science degrees are earned through the completion of a major, general education and other graduation requirements. Miramar College is the smart choice for students who want to transfer to the university/private college of their choice. Transfer agreements exist for UCs, CSUs and many private universities. We also offers vocational programs.
- San Diego Miramar College is one of three comprehensive community colleges in the San Diego Community College District. Miramar College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) through the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. The San Diego Community College District is governed by its Board of Trustees.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, Other National Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
San Diego Miramar College - Wiki Article
0 months ago
San Diego Miramar College LLRC Grand Opening
7 months ago
San Diego Miramar College Has Talent!
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- Heartland Fire Academy Introduces New Graduates - Patch.com
posted on April 29, 2013 at 05:41:50 pm
Heartland Fire Academy Introduces New GraduatesPatch.comA total of 22 graduates successfully completed 16 weeks (486 hours) of intense firefighter training ...
- BIOTECH REPORT STRESSES PRACTICAL EDUCATION - U-T San Diego
posted on April 27, 2013 at 11:12:39 am
BIOTECH REPORT STRESSES PRACTICAL EDUCATIONU-T San DiegoRankings were determined by national life science job ads. San Diego Miramar College offers a medical lab ...
- Miramar goes back to Basic Training for Higher Education - DVIDS
posted on April 17, 2013 at 12:18:55 am
Miramar goes back to Basic Training for Higher EducationDVIDSNaomi Grisham, transfer director for San Diego Miramar College, advises a Marine about her future ...
20021 students | 9.1 mi. away
443 students | 9.4 mi. away
111 students | 10.0 mi. away
9924 students | 15.2 mi. away