- Ohlone College serves 11,923 students (29% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 51:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 70% of the student body.
- Ohlone College is one of 13 community colleges within Alameda County, CA.
- The nearest community college is Chabot College (12.8 miles away).
Community College Avg.
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate/Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|234 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||11,923 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:51||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,494 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,429 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||2%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Ohlone is one of 112 community colleges in the State of California, which offer the associate degree or the first two years of study toward a bachelor's degree. Many students then transfer to complete their four-year degree at an institution in the California State University or University of California systems or at other public or private universities.
- Located above the northern reaches of Silicon Valley and the southern border of San Francisco Bay, Ohlone's Fremont campus has 300 acres reserved for open space. The campus offers a peaceful and aesthetically pleasing learning environment. At the center is the nine-building Academic Village, composed of classroom buildings dedicated to music, chemistry, computer studies, physics, art, business administration, allied health, and biology; two fully equipped lecture halls; the Hochler Student Center; Epler Gymnasium; and an Olympic size swimming pool.
- Ward Blanchard Center, at the core of the Academic Village, houses the Learning Resources Center, which include the Library. Surrounding this center cluster are other College facilities, including the Gary Soren Smith Center for Fine and Performing Arts, the Morris and Alvirda Hyman Center for Business and Technology, the Early Childhood Studies Lab, Gallaudet University Regional Center, the Student Health Center, other faculty and business offices, and the Athletics fields and facilities.
- Ohlone College is an accredited college, accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Ohlone College is also authorized by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services to enroll non-immigrant students.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Ohlone College "Dog Sees God" Trailer
0 months ago
Ohlone College - On the Field Training - Kinesiology
5 months ago
Ohlone College - Study Abroad Program - Ireland 2012
9 months ago
Related School News:
- Former Solydra Employees Invited to Employer Panel - Patch.com
posted on December 20, 2012 at 01:27:04 pm
Former Solydra Employees Invited to Employer PanelPatch.com25 from noon to 2 p.m. at Ohlone College's Newark campus. The event will include an employer ...
- Emails reveal college officials knew they were overbilling state - abc7news.com
posted on December 19, 2012 at 06:56:51 pm
Emails reveal college officials knew they were overbilling stateabc7news.comBrowning, who is now president of Ohlone College in Fremont, declined to comment ...