- Jefferson Davis Community College serves 1,327 students (49% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 25:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 43% of the student body.
- Jefferson Davis Community College is the only community colleges within Escambia County, AL.
Jefferson Davis Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|53 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,327 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:25||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||650 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||677 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||4%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Jefferson Davis Community College is a comprehensive community college with campuses in Brewton and Atmore offering students a unique educational experience. Class sizes are small, allowing faculty to provide personalized instruction and hands-on training. The College is committed to providing access to the latest information technology. The Brewton campus, located at 220 Alco Drive, is naturally beautiful with acres of hardwoods and longleaf pines and a picturesque setting reminiscent of colonial Williamsburg. The campus provides students with traditional classrooms and laboratories, student housing, a gymnasium and playing fields, a performing arts center, and miles of walking trails. On-campus housing affords students the opportunity to experience independent living with all the benefits and security of small-town life. Jefferson Davis Community College offers a variety of instructional programs including academic transfer, technical and vocational programs, developmental education, adult education and GED classes, continuing education for personal enrichment, and training for business and industry. Extracurricular activities include athletic events, plays, musical productions, the Blueberry Festival, guest speakers, and other special programs throughout the year. Several student organizations are available such as the Phi Theta Kappa honor society, the Student Government Association, and various religious associations. Students at JDCC have the added benefit of an extremely active Honors Program, awarding up to 30 scholarships per year. Jefferson Davis Community College offers a comprehensive financial aid package for students who attend. Financial aid comes in the form of federal as well as institutional funds.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Jefferson Davis Community College Athletics
2 months ago
HUD HOME BREWTON AL
4 months ago
July 30th Nursing Pinning
4 months ago
Related School News:
- Reid State officially open - Atmore Advance
posted on December 15, 2012 at 02:50:14 am
Atmore AdvanceReid State officially openAtmore AdvanceReid State has operated using space on the Atmore campus of Jefferson Davis Community College, but ...
- Rough first half costs JDCC basketball against Southern Union - Brewton Standard
posted on December 10, 2012 at 05:20:13 pm
Rough first half costs JDCC basketball against Southern UnionBrewton StandardIn their second and final game in the month of December Saturday at Southern Union, the ...
- Accounting/Business Instructor - Jefferson Davis Community College - Brewton, AL
posted on May 7, 2012 at 03:36:00 pm
Jefferson Davis Community College POSITION VACANCY... OF COLLEGE: Jefferson Davis Community College is a public ...