- Monterey Peninsula College serves 9,500 students (24% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 46:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 41% of the student body.
- Monterey Peninsula College is one of 4 community colleges within Monterey County, CA.
- The nearest community college is Defense Language Institute (1.6 miles away).
Monterey Peninsula College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|205 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||9,500 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:46||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||2,300 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7,200 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- MPC, one of 109 colleges in the California Community College System, is committed to high quality education; support of our students; strong, effective leadership; long-term fiscal stability; a well-maintained, environmentally friendly campus; and equal opportunity for all students and employees.
- The college offers courses to prepare students for transfer to four-year institutions, to prepare for the workplace, to update work skills or prepare for a new career, to gain a general education, and to improve basic skills in mathematics, reading, writing and science.
- The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Commission on Recognition of Post-secondary Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
Related School Videos:
Finale B from RENT ? Monterey Peninsula College
2 months ago
Related School News:
- Fales leads Spartans to Military Bowl win - The Salinas Californian
posted on December 28, 2012 at 01:07:54 pm
Kansas City StarFales leads Spartans to Military Bowl winThe Salinas CalifornianFales, who played at Palma High and Monterey Peninsula College, led the drive that set up Austin Lopez's 27-yard field goal with 4:43 remaining, and De'Leon ...
- Reedley in 2012 - Reedley Exponent
posted on December 27, 2012 at 09:32:22 pm
Reedley in 2012Reedley Exponent?Reedley College football snapped an 11-game skid with a 21-14 victory over Monterey Peninsula College. ?Reedley ...
- San Jose State backup QB Blake Jurich ready for action - Santa Cruz Sentinel
posted on December 27, 2012 at 05:53:33 am
San Jose State backup QB Blake Jurich ready for actionSanta Cruz SentinelFales, a former Palma High standout and transfer from Monterey Peninsula College, won ...