- Mission College serves 11,205 students (24% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 50:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 78% of the student body.
- Mission College is one of 10 community colleges within Santa Clara County, CA.
- The nearest community college is De Anza College (6.2 miles away).
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|225 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||11,205 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:50||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||2,695 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,510 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Mission College is an open access community college serving the ever-changing educational and economic development needs of Santa Clara, Silicon Valley, and the larger community. Seeking to develop community leaders and global stewards in a competitive world economy, the college provides transfer, degree, and certificate programs in lower division arts and sciences; community, career, and vocational education; and educational opportunities in basic skills and English as a Second Language. To accomplish its mission, the college provides the most advanced academic and technological resources, comprehensive student services, and enriching aesthetic experiences to help students succeed and to participate responsibly in a democratic society.
- Each semester over 10,000 students enroll in over 1,300 day, evening, and weekend classes at Mission College. The educational opportunities at Mission College are extensive. Students can fulfill lower division general education and major requirements for a university baccalaureate degree, obtain an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree, complete a career program leading to employment, upgrade skills for career advancement, or take classes for personal satisfaction and growth.
- Mission College enrolls 11,000 students each year. Of these, approximately 80% are ethnic minorities. The average student age is 30 and a significant number are working adults attending college part time. Mission is located in the heart of Silicon Valley and has working partnerships with high tech companies such as Intel and Cisco Systems. Mission is part of the West Valley-Mission Community College District, a multi-college district based in Saratoga, California.
- The mission of the West Valley-Mission Community College District is to be responsive to the educational needs of an ever-changing community and to provide higher education to all persons who can benefit from such activity. The District recognized its responsibility to maintain academic excellence, nurture individual development and enrich the community. In keeping with this mission, the District will be sensitive to the needs of people and committed to action focused on the future.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, Other National Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Los Angeles Mission College Slide Show
5 months ago
Mission College Prep: A Distinctive Culture (30)
1 year ago.
Mission College Fitness Center
2 years ago
Related School News:
- County library, Mission College program offers help for college financial aid - San Jose Mercury News
posted on February 5, 2013 at 03:35:04 am
County library, Mission College program offers help for college financial aidSan Jose Mercury NewsAttending college isn't getting any cheaper and the county library system ...
- Transsexual woman -- 50 years old, 6 feet 8 -- debuts on Santa Clara junior college basketball team
posted on December 6, 2012 at 07:55:00 pm
Gabrielle Ludwig, of Fremont, had surgery to become a woman in July and with her new birth certificate became eligible to play on the ...
- West Valley-Mission bond issues gets narrow nod
posted on June 6, 2012 at 04:56:00 pm
Voters in the West Valley-Mission Community College District have approved Measure C, a $350 million bond issue that will help renovate aging, deteriorating academic buildings at West Valley College in Saratoga and Mission College in Santa Clara. ...
25989 students | 6.2 mi. away
18474 students | 8.5 mi. away
9813 students | 13.4 mi. away
7248 students | 15.9 mi. away
14143 students | 18.5 mi. away