- Laney College serves 11,232 students (26% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 50:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 83% of the student body.
- Laney College is one of 13 community colleges within Alameda County, CA.
- The nearest community college is College of Alameda (1.5 miles away).
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|224 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||11,232 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:50||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||2,879 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,353 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Laney is the largest of the four colleges (13,000 students) in the Peralta Community College District, which serves the six cities of Northern Alameda County (Alameda, Albany, Berkeley, Emeryville, Oakland and Piedmont). Ours is a unique institution, and we are fiercely proud of its long history and ongoing commitment to service. A crucial part of that commitment is ensuring the quality of your education as well as your overall campus experience. Our success, after all, is inseparable from yours and student learning is our first priority.
- The Laney college campus, which opened in 1970, is a vibrant and safe environment in a central location in downtown Oakland on 60 acres of land. Laney is across the street from the Oakland Museum and the Henry J. Kaiser Convention Center. We are also one block from the Lake Merritt Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) station and two blocks from the Alameda County Courthouse and beautiful Lake Merritt. The campus is in walking distance to Oakland's Chinatown and is easily accessible to the famous Jack London Square
- Laney is well known for its outstanding student newspaper, the Laney Tower; its Transfer Opportunity Center; and its array of quality academic and occupational course offerings. In addition, Associate degrees are offered in more than twenty (20) Liberal Arts and Science fields. Laney transfers more students per year to UC Berkeley than any other college of its size in the United States. Many other Laney students transfer to California State University campuses, local and out-of-state independent institutions and historically black colleges and universities.
- The faculty and staff are our campus' greatest asset. Laney's wonderful diversity, set in the midst of a lively urban center, makes it particularly wealthy in human potential.Laney is a vibrant campus with a comprehensive educational offering, where students are challenged and inspired to actualize their highest potential.
Related School Videos:
PTVSports Report Laney College Athletics (S3 E4)
2 months ago
#7 CJ Anderson, RB 2010 - Laney College to CAL
2 years ago
Related School News:
- Rally protests murders of Black & Brown youth - Workers World
posted on January 4, 2013 at 03:24:01 am
Rally protests murders of Black & Brown youthWorkers WorldOne such member, Tim Killings, president of the Laney College Black Student Union, delivered a ...
- Solano opens the season 1-0 defeating Yuba College 79-56 - Solano Tempest
posted on January 3, 2013 at 07:42:21 pm
Solano opens the season 1-0 defeating Yuba College 79-56Solano Tempest?We controlled the game,? head-coach Borchert said. ?We played well, I thought our defense was a ...
- 9th Annual Black Choreographers Festival: Here and Now in Oakland and San ... - SanFranciscoSentinel.com
posted on January 3, 2013 at 06:54:41 pm
9th Annual Black Choreographers Festival: Here and Now in Oakland and San ...SanFranciscoSentinel.comThe 9th Annual Black Choreographers Festival: Here & Now Community ...
6503 students | 1.5 mi. away
832 students | 7.9 mi. away
33902 students | 11.4 mi. away
14143 students | 13.9 mi. away
7248 students | 24.1 mi. away