- Imperial Valley College serves 9,146 students (47% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 40:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 94% of the student body.
- Imperial Valley College is the only community colleges within Imperial County, CA.
Imperial Valley College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|228 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||9,146 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:40||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||4,323 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,823 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Imperial Valley College is part of the Imperial Community College District. Its boundaries encompass seven high school districts that serve Imperial County residents. The high school districts are Calexico Unified, Central Union, Holtville Unified, Imperial Unified, Brawley Union, Calipatria Unified and San Pasqual Unified.
- The original Imperial Valley College main campus, which opened in September 1962, consisted of library, science laboratories, fine arts rooms, student activities building, academic classrooms, administration and faculty offices, social science rooms, physical education shower and locker rooms, and agricultural education classrooms and shop.
- The Imperial Valley College campus is located on a 160-acre site at the intersection of Highway 111 and Aten Road, in Imperial, California. This location is in the heart of Imperial County and is within reasonable commuting distance of all of the cities in the Valley. There are also extended campus centers in the cities of El Centro, Brawley and Calexico.
- In order to meet its educational mandate, Imperial Valley College offers 900 different courses in 56 areas of study ranging from Administration of Justice to Welding Technology.
- The Western Association of Schools and Colleges reaccredited Imperial Valley College in 2001 for a period of six years. As one of the 71 community college districts in California, its educational mission, as defined in the state master plan for higher education and by statute, is to provide lower division transfer education, vocational and career education, and basic skills education to prepare students to succeed in college.
Related School Videos:
Level 2 Imperial Valley College 144-121
6 months ago
Imperial Valley College Fire Academy 7
7 months ago
Imperial Valley College Campus Safety Department
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- Arabs advance to semifinals in own Holiday Classic - Imperial Valley Press
posted on December 29, 2012 at 08:34:44 am
Arabs advance to semifinals in own Holiday ClassicImperial Valley PressIMPERIAL ? With a dramatic 72-66 win against the College of the Desert Roadrunners on ...
- Niland celebrates Christmas - Imperial Valley Press
posted on December 23, 2012 at 09:26:59 am
Niland celebrates ChristmasImperial Valley PressBut the giveaway isn't just a Chamber of Commerce event, said Sadorra, who listed the Imperial Valley ...
- Resources available for SDSU-IV transfer students - Imperial Valley Press
posted on December 20, 2012 at 08:24:59 pm
Resources available for SDSU-IV transfer studentsImperial Valley PressA SDSU-IV Transfer Center office is located adjacent to the Imperial Valley College ...