- Heald College-San Jose serves 1,679 students (67% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 48:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Heald College-San Jose is one of 10 community colleges within Santa Clara County, CA.
- The nearest community college is De Anza College (10.4 miles away).
Heald College-San Jose
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|35 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,679 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:48||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,128 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||551 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Heald is a nonprofit, regionally accredited private career college that has been preparing students for rewarding careers in Business, Technology and Healthcare for over 140 years. We started with one campus in San Francisco, back in 1863, and we've expanded to 11 campuses across the western United States: Concord, Fresno, Hayward, Rancho Cordova, Roseville, Salinas, San Francisco, San Jose, Stockton, Honolulu and Portland.
- For more than 140 years, Heald College has been committed to preparing students for academic, personal, and professional success through quality career-focused programs that develop skills to last a lifetime. Because Heald College is a nonprofit educational institution, it invests in its students by providing small classes and fostering a supportive environment for learning.
- Heald's San Jose campus builds upon a legacy of teaching that began in 1907. Since its establishment, Heald San Jose has evolved into a leading career college that offers a range of programs in business, technology and healthcare. As the greater San Jose area thrives as strong market for new jobs, we continue educating students to become uniquely qualified for rewarding careers with top Bay Area employers.
- Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, the San Jose, California campus features a 56,000 square-foot, fully networked facility next to the Great Mall in Milpitas. Situated in a community known as the center of the global technology market, the campus provides accelerated programs that lead to rewarding careers.
- All Heald campuses are regionally accredited through the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). That means we're recognized by the U.S. Department of Education for meeting high standards for providing excellence in ducation.
25989 students | 10.4 mi. away
9813 students | 10.6 mi. away
18474 students | 13.2 mi. away
14143 students | 19.5 mi. away
7248 students | 20.2 mi. away