- Whatcom Community College serves 4,930 students (56% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 34:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 99% of the student body.
- Whatcom Community College is one of 2 community colleges within Whatcom County, WA.
- The nearest community college is Bellingham Technical College (2.2 miles away).
Whatcom Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|146 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,930 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:34||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||2,785 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,145 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||7%||1%|
|% Two or more races||76%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- The College's main campus is located in Bellingham, Washington. This area, well known for its natural beauty, is nestled between majestic Mt. Baker and Puget Sound providing many recreational opportunities. The College offers day and evening classes in new, attractive, and up-to-date facilities. Classes average 20-30 students, allowing more individual attention from faculty.
- The College, which is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, offers associate degrees in academic transfer, general studies, and professional/technical areas, as well as opportunities to complete high school, or take classes for personal enrichment. The college also has special programs to assist students in acquiring learning skills necessary for academic and occupational success.
- Academic Departments and Professional Programs at Whatcom Community College includes Academic Skills/Resources, Administration of Justice, Behavioral and Social Sciences, Business Administration, Business Department, Computer Information Systems, Early Childhood Education, Education Paraprofessional, English, Hospitality & Tourism Business Management, Interdisciplinary Studies, Library & Information Science, Massage Practitioner, Math, Medical Assisting, Nursing, Office Administration, Paralegal Studies, Physical Therapist Assistant, Science, Visual and Performing Arts, Visual Communications and World Languages.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, Other National Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Whatcom Community College - Wiki Article
7 days ago
2012 NWCCI Whatcom Community College Farewell
3 months ago
Whatcom Community College--Invest in Me.mov
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- WCC men earn victory at NWAACC Championship - Bellingham Herald
posted on March 3, 2013 at 09:33:14 am
WCC men earn victory at NWAACC ChampionshipBellingham HeraldThe Whatcom Community College men's basketball team opened the NWAACC Championship with a ...
- WWU pledges to offset potential financial aids cuts from sequester - McClatchy Washington Bureau
posted on February 28, 2013 at 05:45:58 pm
WWU pledges to offset potential financial aids cuts from sequesterMcClatchy Washington BureauAt Whatcom Community College, the majority of financial aid comes through Washington ...
- Whatcom drops regular-season finale to Shoreline - Bellingham Herald
posted on February 24, 2013 at 09:25:55 am
Whatcom drops regular-season finale to ShorelineBellingham HeraldIt was a tale of two halves during a 78-74 NWAACC North Division loss by the Whatcom Community ...