- South Puget Sound Community College serves 5,571 students (56% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 37:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 24% of the student body.
- South Puget Sound Community College is the only community colleges within Thurston County, WA.
- The nearest community college is Pierce College at Fort Steilacoom (19.3 miles away).
South Puget Sound Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|150 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,571 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:37||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,121 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,450 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||2%||1%|
|% Two or more races||7%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- South Puget Sound Community College is a public two-year college. With more than 5,000 full-and part-time students, we are the largest college in the South Puget Sound area. Our main campus is nestled in a beautiful wooded area a few minutes away from the state capitol in Olympia, Washington. We also offer classes at our Hawks Prairie Center in Lacey and in Yelm.
- Founded in 1962 as Olympia Vocational Technical Institute Renamed Olympia Technical Community College in 1976 Mission expanded to become a fully comprehensive community college in 1980 Renamed South Puget Sound Community College in 1984 Established the Hawks Prairie Center in Lacey in 1995.
- The college offer occupational training for gaining the skills and knowledge you need for direct employment or career advancement in business and industry. Associate of Technical Arts degrees and/or certificates of completion are offered in a variety of areas.
- South Puget Sound Community College awards degrees of Associate of Arts, Associate Degree in Nursing, Associate of General Studies, and Associate of Technical Arts. Certificates are awarded for successful completion of vocational-technical programs. High school diplomas and the GED high school equivalency are also offered.
- The college is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. We offer college transfer, technical and enrichment courses.
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- Stokes named new president of SPSCC - TheNewsTribune.com
posted on December 25, 2012 at 08:17:53 am
Stokes named new president of SPSCCTheNewsTribune.comStokes named new president of SPSCC. South Puget Sound Community College in Olympia has announced that its next president will be Timothy ...
- Gerald Pumphrey enriched SPSCC and the community - The Olympian
posted on December 23, 2012 at 08:08:52 am
Gerald Pumphrey enriched SPSCC and the communityThe OlympianThe community owes South Puget Sound Community College President Gerald Pumphrey a debt of gratitude ...
- SPSCC Basketball Looks For Local Players To Come Up Big - ThurstonTalk
posted on December 20, 2012 at 03:05:46 pm
ThurstonTalkSPSCC Basketball Looks For Local Players To Come Up BigThurstonTalkMembers of the Clipper women's basketball team at South Puget Sound Community ...