- Lake Washington Technical College serves 4,646 students (43% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 34:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 24% of the student body.
- Lake Washington Technical College is one of 13 community colleges within King County, WA.
- The nearest community college is Bellevue College (8.2 miles away).
Lake Washington Technical College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|138 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,646 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:34||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,978 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,668 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||2%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Lake Washington Technical College, in Kirkland's Totem Lake area, serves local students from King and Snohomish counties, commuter students from areas like Port Townsend, Gig Harbor and Marysville, and international students from around the globe, including Japan, Tonga, Ireland, Indonesia and the Ukraine.
- Lake Washington Technical College officially became part of the new community and technical college system on September 1, 1991; the institute became a degree-granting technical college with all the rights and responsibilities of a technical college as prescribed by state law. During the next three years the college replaced its two-year diplomas with Associate of Applied Science degrees. Twenty Association of Applied Science degrees were approved by the State Board of Community and Technical Colleges to be offered to students by the college.
- Our new Redmond Campus Corporate Learning Center is a striking 20,000 square-foot education and training facility. Next door to Marymoor Park, this attractive two-story structure includes classrooms, conference rooms, computer labs, offices, a tiered auditorium for large group presentations and a soaring, two-story atrium facing the park. Creative scheduling of a variety of classes at this facility along with our distance learning offerings and the customized instructional programs of our Business Training Center make LWTC a magnet for working people seeking to enhance their skills and improve their careers as well.
- LWTC offers the cutting-edge, professional career and technical training needed to rapidly and affordably qualify our students for opportunities in today's job market. With training opportunities in over 100 degree and certificate options in 39 programs, we have something for everyone. Lake Washington Technical College also offers personal enrichment courses which are not eligible for state funding. Community service and continuing education classes, offered through Extended Learning, are based on citizen demand. Adult education programs are also offered.
- Lake Washington Technical College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
Related School Videos:
Discover Lake Washington Technical College
3 years ago
Lake Washington Technical College 1
4 years ago
14010 students | 8.2 mi. away
2352 students | 10.6 mi. away
9536 students | 10.9 mi. away
6696 students | 21.0 mi. away
7067 students | 22.7 mi. away