- Houston Community College serves 55,596 students (34% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 30:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Houston Community College is one of 24 community colleges within Harris County, TX.
- The nearest community college is The Art Institute Of Houston (5.7 miles away).
Houston Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|1,884 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||55,596 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:30||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||18,741 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||36,855 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Houston Community College is one of the largest community colleges in the United States, serving over 55,000 students each semester. Five area colleges and one specialty college, as well as an extensive distance education program within the system serve the 618 square mile area including Houston and the surrounding regions.
- The Houston Community College System (HCC) was created under the governance of the Houston Independent School District (HISD) as the result of a public referendum on May 18, 1971. In August of that year, more than 5,700 students enrolled in workforce education courses held at the Houston Technical Institute. In the following semester, academic transfer classes were added and taught at six HISD locations.
- The college offers Academic degrees, Workforce degrees & certificates and Continuing Education programs.
- The Houston Community College System is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- Three days of early voting done in Senate District 6 runoff - Houston Chronicle (blog)
posted on February 22, 2013 at 11:11:01 pm
Three days of early voting done in Senate District 6 runoffHouston Chronicle (blog)Continuing the trends, the busiest of the seven polling places again was Houston ...
- San Jacinto building on HCC campus named to the National Register of Historic ... - Ultimate Bellaire
posted on February 22, 2013 at 06:01:01 pm
San Jacinto building on HCC campus named to the National Register of Historic ...Ultimate BellaireThe 100-year-old, neo-classical and art deco San Jacinto Memorial ...
- HCC unveils new Southwest College Fine Arts Center+ - Your Houston News
posted on February 21, 2013 at 10:31:12 pm
HCC unveils new Southwest College Fine Arts Center+Your Houston NewsHouston Community College Southwest will dedicate the new Southwest Fine Arts Center with ...