- Austin Community College District serves 44,100 students (26% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 42:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 43% of the student body.
- Austin Community College District is one of 8 community colleges within Travis County, TX.
- The nearest community college is Virginia College-Austin (0.6 miles away).
Austin Community College District
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|1,044 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||44,100 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:42||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||11,519 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||32,581 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- As one of only 50 community college districts in Texas, Austin Community College provides access to high-quality education at affordable tuition rates. ACC offers university transfer curriculum, technical certificate programs, two-year associate degrees, foundation skills and English as a Second Language courses, and a highly diverse Continuing Education program.
- Since the college's founding in 1973, ACC's faculty, staff, and administration have been dedicated to the values that distinguish ACC's unique role in higher education and make the college a critical community resource – access to educational opportunities, affordability, quality, diversity, and strong student success services.
- ACC offers comprehensive academic advising and counseling services, free tutorial services in our Learning Labs, open computer labs, a variety of teaching methodologies, and a host of other support services to help students meet their goals.
- Austin Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- ACC completes design for Hays campus
posted on August 20, 2012 at 07:26:00 am
The Austin Community College District has finished the design phase of the Hays campus project and and site development drawings for permit review have been submitted to the city of Kyle. The college's commissioning agent, ACR Engineering, ACC departments ...
- ACC acquires Highland Mall ground lease
posted on August 9, 2012 at 11:56:00 am
The Austin Community College District has acquired the ground lease for Highland Mall, accelerating plans for its revitalization into a modern educational center. ACC bought the lease, which includes the former cinema building, from Miami-based LNR ...
- ACC approves tuition increase
posted on May 9, 2012 at 11:04:00 am
The Austin Community College District Board of Trustees approved at its May 7 meeting a tuition increase of $5 per credit hour. The increase will set the fall 2012 in-district tuition rate at $62 per credit hour, and the out-of- district rate at $224 per ...
776 students | 0.6 mi. away
882 students | 0.7 mi. away
1162 students | 5.5 mi. away
177 students | 6.2 mi. away
6 students | 9.7 mi. away