- Nashville State Community College serves 9,853 students (36% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 35:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 40% of the student body.
- Nashville State Community College is one of 13 community colleges within Davidson County, TN.
Nashville State Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|278 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||9,853 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:35||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,506 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,347 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||2%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||390-523||410-520|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||350-480||410-530|
|ACT English (25-75%)||14-20||15-22|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||15-18||16-21|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||15-20||17-21|
- Nashville State opened in 1970 with an enrollment of 398 students. By the Fall of 2000, that number had grown to 7,315; with an enrollment of over 14,000 students during the entire academic year. Nashville State's initial offering of five Associate's degree programs has grown to 49 degree programs and 12 certificate programs. In addition, Nashville State offers continuing education courses ranging from technical skills to management training and programs providing training in such areas as computer-aided drafting and office technology.
- Nashville State shares a 109 acre campus with the Tennessee Technology Center at Nashville. The Nashville State facilities include 239,000 square feet of space for classrooms, labs, offices, student services, and a library.
- The college offers programs in Business & Applied Arts, English & Humanities, Health & Social Sciences, Information & Engineering Technologies and Math & Sciences.
- Nashville State Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree, the Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree, and the Associate of Science (A.S.) degree.
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- Volunteers help clean up Richland Creek - The Tennessean
posted on March 3, 2013 at 08:51:23 am
Volunteers help clean up Richland CreekThe TennesseanThere, Elliott Law and Andrew Kennedy, two Nashville State Community College students, helped haul dozens ...
- Nashville State Plays Big Part in Hickory Hollow Revitalization - NewsChannel5.com
posted on February 15, 2013 at 01:24:47 am
Nashville State Plays Big Part in Hickory Hollow RevitalizationNewsChannel5.com"We ballooned up to 850 this fall and this spring we have 1134 students registered to ...
- New Push To Equip Local Workers For IT Jobs - NewsChannel5.com
posted on February 6, 2013 at 01:43:04 am
New Push To Equip Local Workers For IT JobsNewsChannel5.comThe problem with technology jobs is, technology goes so fast that people aren't keeping up with it ...