- South College serves 1,052 students (100% of students are full-time).
- Minority enrollment is 12% of the student body.
- South College is one of 3 community colleges within Knox County, TN.
- The nearest community college is Pellissippi State Community College (7.8 miles away).
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|70 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,052 students||1,418 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,052 students||1,262 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||869 students||1,327 students|
|# Graduate Students||183 students||35 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- South College has been a part of the fabric of downtown Knoxville since 1882. Throughout its long history, South College has endeavored to provide challenging educational opportunities for students in business, allied health, and legal fields. The college has achieved a high level of success during peer reviews from institutional/programmatic accrediting agencies, federal and state agencies, and independent audits. Students and graduates consistently indicate a high level of satisfaction with their experiences at South College and their achievement of personal and professional goals.
- Each program of study is designed to require general education courses that broaden students' exposure to diverse perspectives, develop oral and written communication skills, and enhance critical thinking skills. The complementary nature of the general education courses and the major curriculum components of each program enables the development of educated, responsible professionals who have the skills necessary to meet their personal goals and the demands of the employment market.
- South College offers baccalaureate degree programs including Nursing, Elementary Education, Business Administration, Health Science, and Legal Studies. Current associate degree programs include Radiography, Physical Therapist Assistant, Paralegal Studies, Criminal Justice, Network Administration and Security, Business Administration, Accounting, Medical Assisting, and Office Technology. Medical Transcription, Legal Office Assistant, Professional Medical Coding, and Administrative Assistant are the certificate programs offered.
- South College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate and associate degrees.
Related School News:
- Man dies in 3-car crash off South College Street in Auburn - Opelika Auburn News
posted on December 20, 2012 at 03:02:44 am
Man dies in 3-car crash off South College Street in AuburnOpelika Auburn NewsThe accident took place at approximately 5 p.m. after one of the vehicles involved, ...
- Gas line break closes South College Road - StarNewsOnline.com (blog)
posted on December 5, 2012 at 09:24:03 pm
Gas line break closes South College RoadStarNewsOnline.com (blog)A gas line break is causing extensive traffic backups on South College Road. Traffic is stopped ...
- Saul Young/News Sentinel
Bill Calfee, the president of the Web.com Tour, putts during the South Coll
posted on August 25, 2012 at 07:59:00 pm
Photo by Saul Young / 2012 Knoxville News Sentinel Saul Young/News Sentinel Bill Calfee, the president of the ...