- Dyersburg State Community College serves 3,749 students (51% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 38:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 28% of the student body.
- Dyersburg State Community College is the only community colleges within Dyer County, TN.
Dyersburg State Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|98 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,749 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:38||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,927 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,822 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||3%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|Tuition Notes||07-08 full-time inst|
|ACT English (25-75%)||13-26||15-22|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||16-26||16-21|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||15-24||17-21|
- Since we opened in 1969 we have worked continuously to improve access to and the quality of a higher education in northwest Tennessee. New centers opened in Gibson and Tipton Counties in 1991 and 1996, respectively. Classes were offered off-campus using interactive television beginning in 1993. Now College at Home classes allow asynchronous learning using the Internet.
- Dyersburg State Community College offers Associate of Science and Associate of Arts degrees for transfer to four-year institutions, Associate of Applied Science degrees, as well as technical and academic certificates, Developmental Studies Program, an Honors Program, Continuing Education Program, seamless transition among institutions through articulation agreements with area high schools, Tennessee Technology Centers, and four-year institutions, a variety of student support services, increased access to education via technology-assisted instruction, distance learning offerings, and course offerings at convenient locations at the Gibson County Center, the Jimmy Naifeh Center at Tipton County, and the Obion County Technical Training and Education Center.
- Spread across the tree-filled 100-acre campus of Dyersburg State Community College are the E. B. Eller Administration Building, the Dale F. Glover Education Center, the Student Center, the Learning Resource Center, the E. H. Lannom, Jr. Gymnasium and the Maintenance Building.
- Dyersburg State Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
WUWT Vision - 11/27/12
0 months ago
Spotlight on Agriculture
1 month ago
Certified Production Technician Program
1 month ago
Related School News:
- PBS partners to provide on-the-go learning for local students - State Gazette
posted on March 21, 2013 at 12:52:58 pm
PBS partners to provide on-the-go learning for local studentsState GazetteStudents and educators participating in Dyersburg State Community College's Early ...
- DHS programs help students prepare for careers - State Gazette
posted on March 21, 2013 at 12:52:56 pm
DHS programs help students prepare for careersState GazetteLee, who worked for a number of years at Jackson General Hospital after earning her Associate ...
- Winners announced in Shoot Dyer County photo contest - State Gazette
posted on March 19, 2013 at 03:08:08 pm
Winners announced in Shoot Dyer County photo contestState GazetteThe contest is done by the Dyersburg/Dyer County Photography Club in association with the ...