- Western Dakota Technical Institute serves 1,177 students (88% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is lower than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 17% of the student body.
- Western Dakota Technical Institute is the only community colleges within Pennington County, SD.
Western Dakota Technical Institute
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|67 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,177 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:18||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,032 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||145 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||12%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Western Dakota Tech is located in Rapid City in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota. Western Dakota Technical Institute provides quality technical educational opportunities to residents of South Dakota and across the country.
- Western Dakota Tech is one of four State-supported postsecondary technical institutes in South Dakota. The college offer 25 different career programs ranging in length from 9 to 18 months. Western Dakota Tech grants Associate of Applied Science degrees and diplomas upon successful completion of individual program requirements. Through the Business and Industry Training Center a wide variety of non-credit classes, workshops, teleconferences and seminars are available to assist residents in enhancing one's personal or professional skills.
- The college offers programs in Accounting, Ag-Resources Tech Ag-Business, Ag-Resources Tech Equine Management, Ag-Resources Tech Natural Resources, Ag-Resources Tech Ranch Management, Automotive Technician, Business Management & Marketing, Cabinetry/Fine Woodworking, Carpentry, Collision Repair, Computer Aided Drafting, Computer Networking Specialist-Net Admin Computer Networking Specialist-Prog, Disability/Human Services Technician, Electronics & Computer Technician, Fire Science, Health Unit Coordinator, Industrial Electronics, Law Enforcement Technology, Medical Administrative Services, Medical Transcriptionist, Paralegal/Legal Assistant, Pharmacy Technician, Phlebotomy/Laboratory Assistant, Practical Nursing, Public Safety Telecom Operator, Surgical Technology and Welding/Manufacturing.
- Our small class sizes combined with extensive hands-on experience create a personalized education that assures our graduates are well prepared for success in today's job market.
Related School Videos:
Western Dakota Tech "Give Your Future Wings"
7 months ago
Related School News:
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu academy opens - Rapid City Journal
posted on March 17, 2013 at 12:07:52 pm
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu academy opensRapid City JournalBlack Hills Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu will start by offering classes for "mature teens" and adults. ...
- District 28B Legislative report - Rapid City Journal
posted on March 13, 2013 at 06:22:50 pm
District 28B Legislative reportRapid City Journal... in motor vehicle accidents. HB 1098 requires the Legislature to approve bonds for lease purchase ...
- School board - Rapid City Journal
posted on March 8, 2013 at 05:08:35 am
School boardRapid City JournalWestern Dakota Technical Institute President Mark Wilson said the news from Pierre was good for his school, as ...