- Williamsburg Technical College serves 725 students (48% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Williamsburg Technical College is the only community colleges within Williamsburg County, SC.
Williamsburg Technical College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|30 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||725 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:24||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||345 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||380 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Williamsburg Technical College opened its doors to students during late 1969, representing a new concept in comprehensive education coupled with various supportive services. For the first time in South Carolina, and most particularly Williamsburg County, all the following capabilities and services were available in one concentrated area: technical education, adult education, vocational education for high school students, continuing education for personal enrichment, and the offices of the state Job Service and Vocational Rehabilitation.
- Williamsburg Technical College is located in Kingstree, South Carolina. Located on 41 acres of land on Highway 377, Williamsburg Technical College is housed in six buildings: an administrative/learning building which contains classrooms, computer laboratories, an industrial laboratory, a physical science laboratory, an auditorium, a student lounge and administrative offices; a technology vocational building containing offices, technical laboratories and classrooms; a learning resources building which houses the Learning Resources Center, classrooms and offices of the Student Services Division; two special activities buildings, one housing temporary office space for welfare–to–work services and the other a greenhouse; and a Special Training Center/Storage Depot.
- The college offers, to residents of Williamsburg County with varying academic skill levels, the opportunity for postsecondary vocational, technical, and occupational programs leading directly to employment or maintenance of employment in any of the county's manufacturing firms, specializing in textiles, plastics, or metal fabrication.
- Additionally, Williamsburg Technical College offers postsecondary vocational programs leading directly to employment or maintenance of employment in many of the county's service industries to include cosmetology, nursing, and automotive repair. Associate degree programs are also offered which enable students to gain access through transfer to other postsecondary education.
- Williamsburg Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.