- Westmoreland County Community College serves 6,738 students (58% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 28:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body.
- Westmoreland County Community College is one of 6 community colleges within Westmoreland County, PA.
- The nearest community college is Douglas Education Center (17.5 miles away).
Westmoreland County Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|239 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,738 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:28||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,913 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,825 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- The main campus is located at Youngwood, PA. The 80-acre campus comprises four buildings. Founders Hall, Commissioners Hall and Science Hall house general classrooms, science laboratories, computer and desktop publishing laboratories, multimedia technology laboratory, culinary arts laboratory with dining facility, dental hygiene clinic, greenhouse, theater, art gallery, library, Student Services, Learning Assistance Center, Campus Children's Center, bookstore, student lounges, cafeteria, gymnasium, racquetball courts, fitness center, and indoor running track.
- The college offers associate in arts degree, associate in applied science degree, diploma and certificate. There are 62 associate degree, 12 diploma, and 38 certificate programs with options that prepare students for careers or transfer to baccalaureate degree programs at four-year institutions.
- The college offers academic programs which parallel the first two years of a baccalaureate degree program, comprehensive occupational programs which prepare students for employment in a broad array of technical fields, a strong core of general education which prepares students to live and work in an increasingly complex and diverse society, and developmental education, which enables students to overcome academic deficiencies in order to be successful in college-level courses. The college also offers a variety of noncredit courses to meet short-term educational goals as well as to provide leisure and recreational activities for people of all ages.
- Westmoreland County Community College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Sophia - Westmoreland County Community College
8 months ago
Related School News:
- College notes: UPG women qualify for postseason - Tribune-Review
posted on February 14, 2013 at 06:13:22 pm
College notes: UPG women qualify for postseasonTribune-ReviewWestmoreland County Community College's Hannah Falcsik launches a shot during a game ...
- Greenbrier chef takes his skills to international contest in France - Pittsburgh Post Gazette
posted on February 14, 2013 at 10:09:33 am
Greenbrier chef takes his skills to international contest in FrancePittsburgh Post GazetteSince graduating from Westmoreland County Community College's culinary arts ...
- Fort Allen fireman strikes a future with bowling, studies - Tribune-Review
posted on February 14, 2013 at 09:56:48 am
Fort Allen fireman strikes a future with bowling, studiesTribune-ReviewGarris, 18, a student at Westmoreland County Community College, bowled a perfect game of ...