- Cypress College serves 16,443 students (35% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 48:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 71% of the student body.
- Cypress College is one of 19 community colleges within Orange County, CA.
- The nearest community college is Cerritos College (5.7 miles away).
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|344 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||16,443 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:48||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||5,762 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||10,681 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||3%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- The College is composed of twelve major instructional buildings located on a 110-acre site. The campus buildings contain conventional classrooms as well as laboratory facilities for science, art, computer technology, photography, automotive services, dental clinic, mortuary science, physical education and other specialized programs. The Educational Services and Roosevelt Center provide opportunities for students with disabilities to be fully integrated into various college programs.
- In addition to our fine academic and vocational programs, we offer many support services to help students succeed: study skills classes, tutoring, learning centers, counseling, financial aid, and health services, to name a few. Students can also participate in student government activities, special interest clubs, athletic teams, and fine arts productions.
- Since its inception, the Cypress College Foundation has raised nearly $3 million in support of the college. Over the years that support has included student scholarships, book loans, department grants, major equipment purchases, the comprehensive renovation of the Mortuary Science building and more. Click here to visit the Cypress College Foundation.
- Cypress, which offers seven sports for women and six for men, has had a solid line-up of teams and individual athletes who have excelled since the college first opened its doors in 1966. In recent years, the baseball, softball, women's soccer and women's basketball programs have taken center stage.
Related School Videos:
Cypress College Field Trip
9 months ago
Cypress College - Welcome Back 2011
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- Video invitation by Theresa Murphy to Americana Awards in February - Orange County Breeze
posted on December 23, 2012 at 04:34:10 am
Orange County BreezeVideo invitation by Theresa Murphy to Americana Awards in FebruaryOrange County BreezeThis year's Man of the Year is Trevor Hoffman, a graduate of Cypress College and ...
- Cypress College Foundation congratulates its 2013 Americana Citizens of the ... - Orange County Breeze
posted on December 21, 2012 at 05:35:15 pm
Orange County BreezeCypress College Foundation congratulates its 2013 Americana Citizens of the ...Orange County Breeze... Stanton; Theresa Murphy, Los Alamitos; Bill Dalton, Garden ...
- Community College District still needs to cut even after passage of Proposition 30 - Orange County Breeze
posted on December 16, 2012 at 03:18:06 am
Community College District still needs to cut even after passage of Proposition 30Orange County BreezeThe following information was released by Cypress College, and reprinted ...