Yakima Valley Community College
- As a learning-centered institution, YVCC responds to the ever-changing and diverse community we serve. We provide opportunities for our students to acquire knowledge in basic literacy; academic, professional, and technical education; and skills for lifelong learning.
- The teacher population of 183 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Yakima Valley Community College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||183 staff||145 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,950 students||4,463 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||31:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,888 students||2,353 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,062 students||2,110 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||234||140|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,600||$36,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Yakima Valley Community College is one of the oldest community colleges in the state of Washington. Founded in 1928, the college has a long tradition of quality in teaching and in its commitment to students. Yakima Valley Community College is a public, two-year institution of higher education which is a part of one of the best comprehensive community college systems in the nation. As such, the college offers programs in adult basic education, English-as-a-second-language, lower division arts and sciences, professional and technical education, and community services. Yakima Valley Community College employs a talented and dedicated faculty whose primary interest is in delivering the best possible instruction to students. The college offers programs in Distance Learning, Adult Basic Education, English as a Second Language & GED, Adult Education and various programs of study. The college is accredited by the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges. Credits earned in nearly all courses numbered 100 or higher are transferable to other colleges and universities nationwide.
- The nearest community college to Yakima Valley Community College is Wenatchee Valley College (59.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,510 students | 59.10 Mi1300 Fifth St
Wenatchee,  WA  98801
- 2,016 students | 70.30 Mi7662 Chanute St NE
Moses Lake,  WA  98837
- 11,368 students | 71.20 Mi2600 N 20th Ave
Pasco,  WA  99301
- 991 students | 75.60 Mi400 E Scenic Dr
The Dalles,  OR  97058
- 3,671 students | 91.30 Mi1601 39th Ave SE
Puyallup,  WA  98374
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.