Yakima Valley Community College
Tel: (509) 574-4600
- As a learning-centered institution, YVCC responds to the ever-changing and diverse community we serve. We provide opportunities for our students to acquire knowledge in basic literacy; academic, professional, and technical education; and skills for lifelong learning.
- The teacher population of 183 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Yakima Valley Community College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||183 staff||145 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,950 students||4,463 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||31:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,888 students||2,353 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,062 students||2,110 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||234||140|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,600||$36,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Yakima Valley Community College is one of the oldest community colleges in the state of Washington. Founded in 1928, the college has a long tradition of quality in teaching and in its commitment to students. Yakima Valley Community College is a public, two-year institution of higher education which is a part of one of the best comprehensive community college systems in the nation. As such, the college offers programs in adult basic education, English-as-a-second-language, lower division arts and sciences, professional and technical education, and community services. Yakima Valley Community College employs a talented and dedicated faculty whose primary interest is in delivering the best possible instruction to students. The college offers programs in Distance Learning, Adult Basic Education, English as a Second Language & GED, Adult Education and various programs of study. The college is accredited by the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges. Credits earned in nearly all courses numbered 100 or higher are transferable to other colleges and universities nationwide.
- The nearest community college to Yakima Valley Community College is Wenatchee Valley College (59.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,510 students | 59.10 Mi1300 Fifth St
Wenatchee,  WA  98801
(509) 682-6800 59.103,510
- 2,016 students | 70.30 Mi7662 Chanute St NE
Moses Lake,  WA  98837
(509) 793-2222 70.302,016
- 11,368 students | 70.90 Mi2600 N 20th Ave
Pasco,  WA  99301
(509) 547-0511 70.9011,368
- 991 students | 75.70 Mi400 E Scenic Dr
The Dalles,  OR  97058
(541) 506-6000 75.70991
- 3,671 students | 91.30 Mi1601 39th Ave SE
Puyallup,  WA  98374
(253) 840-8400 91.303,671
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.