- Woodbury College provides rigorous, practice-based education that extends beyond the classroom into the community. Our respectful learning environment helps adult students go beyond their limits as they prepare for rewarding careers that contribute to a healthy, just and democratic society.
|Woodbury College||(VT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate Colleges: Arts & Sciences Focus|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private not-for-profit|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
- Woodbury College was founded in 1975 to prepare people to work as paralegals. In 1984, Woodbury College was offered accreditation by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, and also began offering a Mediation program to train people in a neutral, third-party method of mediation. Two years later, in 1986, Woodbury founded the Dispute Resolution Center, a mediation resource to help people resolve family disputes, environmental conflicts, and community and business disputes. In addition, the Dispute Resolution Center works with courts around Vermont offering parties the opportunity to use mediation to settle cases out of court. Most recently, Woodbury received approval to offer a Master of Mediation and Applied Conflict Studies degree in 2005. Building on its 21-year history training mediators, this intensive, practice-based graduate program is designed to educate students specifically in the emerging field of mediation. Programs of study includes Advocacy, Legal & Paralegal, Mediation & Applied Conflict Studies, Prevention & Community Development and Interdisciplinary Studies. Woodbury College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges, Inc., through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 73 students | 1.70 Mi7 School Street
Montpelier, VT 05602
(802) 223-6324 1.7073
- 1,638 students | 25.20 Mi124 Admin Drive
Randolph, VT 05061
(802) 728-1000 25.201,638
- 136 students | 27.40 Mi16 Sterling Drive
Craftsbury Common, VT 05827
(802) 586-7711 27.40136
- 5,378 students | 33.30 Mi660 Elm Street
Montpelier, VT 05602
(802) 828-4060 33.305,378
- 1,353 students | 49.70 Mi136 Clinton Point Dr.
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
(518) 562-4200 49.701,353