Wiregrass Georgia Technical College
- East Central Technical College offers associate degrees, certification and diploma programs, and online courses to give students the skills needed to competently enter the workforce. The vocational school was founded in order to offer an educational resource for bright southern Georgia residents conveniently in their community. Associate degree programs at East Central Technical College include administrative office technology, microcomputer specialist, networking specialist (CISCO), networking specialist (Microsoft Windows 2000), criminal justice technology, and early childhood care and education. Technical certification programs at East Central Technical College are available in 50 different areas of study. Students can get certificates in refrigeration, programming, automotive, customer service, child care and development, trucking, gaming, criminal justice, forensic science, industrialization, medical field, web design, or cosmetology. With more than 20 different diploma programs at East Central Technical College, students can specialize in air conditioning technology, automotive studies, business office technology, computer information systems, telecommunications technologies, cosmetology, criminal justice technology, early childhood care and education, nursing industrial systems, and welding and joining technology. The college's online courses are for students with busy schedules. While the online programs at East Central Technical College help make learning more convenient, the courses are just as rigorous and competitive.
|Wiregrass Georgia Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,600||$31,500|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||98%||92%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2010 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Wiregrass Georgia Technical College is Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (18.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,458 students | 18.20 Mi2802 Moore Hwy
Tifton,  GA  31793
- 2,611 students | 26.70 Mi100 W College Park Dr
Douglas,  GA  31533
- n/a students | 38.90 Mi71 Airport Rd
Eastman,  GA  31023
- 2,071 students | 43.40 Mi800 Veterans Parkway North
Moultrie,  GA  31788
- n/a students | 50.40 Mi1100 Second St SE
Cochran,  GA  31014
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.