William Moore College of Technology
Tel: (901) 726-1977
- The mission of William R. Moore College of Technology is to provide the student with the training and skills necessary to become successful in business and industry. It is the goal of the college to provide students with a working knowledge of the skills needed to enter employment in the program area of their choice. William R. Moore College of Technology is a private, non-profit, two-year educational institution above the high school level offering occupational curricula in the fields of basic industrial, vocational and technical areas. The emphasis in all cases is on the application of "hands on knowledge." Students may specialize in one of several technological areas.
The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|William Moore College of Technology||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||29 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to William Moore College of Technology is Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences (0.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,170 students | 0.60 Mi1003 Monroe Ave
Memphis,  TN  38104
(901) 572-2468 0.601,170
- 10,227 students | 1.00 Mi737 Union Avenue
Memphis,  TN  38103
(901) 333-5000 1.0010,227
- 667 students | 5.10 Mi2655 Dividend Drive
Memphis,  TN  38132
(901) 761-5730 5.10667
- 633 students | 5.40 Mi2710 Nonconnah Blvd
Memphis,  TN  38132
(901) 345-1000 5.40633
- 1,310 students | 7.60 Mi5100 Poplar Avenue, Suite 132
Memphis,  TN  38137
(901) 761-9494 7.601,310
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!