William Moore College of Technology
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (901) 726-1977
- The mission of William R. Moore College of Technology is to provide the student with the training and skills necessary to become successful in business and industry. It is the goal of the college to provide students with a working knowledge of the skills needed to enter employment in the program area of their choice. William R. Moore College of Technology is a private, non-profit, two-year educational institution above the high school level offering occupational curricula in the fields of basic industrial, vocational and technical areas. The emphasis in all cases is on the application of "hands on knowledge." Students may specialize in one of several technological areas.
The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|William Moore College of Technology||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Two-Year: Technical Professions||Baccalaureate Colleges: Diverse Fields|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||36 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to William Moore College of Technology is Southwest Tennessee Community College (1.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,347 students | 1.00 Mi737 Union Avenue
Memphis, TN 38103
(901) 333-5000 1.009,347
- 611 students | 5.40 Mi2710 Nonconnah Blvd
Memphis, TN 38132
(901) 291-4239 5.40611
- 1,394 students | 7.60 Mi5100 Poplar Avenue, Suite 132
Memphis, TN 38137
(901) 761-9494 7.601,394
- 1,423 students | 11.40 Mi2000 W. Broadway
West Memphis, AR 72301
(870) 733-6722 11.401,423
- 7,618 students | 39.40 Mi4975 Hwy 51 N
Senatobia, MS 38668
(662) 562-3200 39.407,618
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.