William Moore College of Technology
Tel: (901) 726-1977
- The mission of William R. Moore College of Technology is to provide the student with the training and skills necessary to become successful in business and industry. It is the goal of the college to provide students with a working knowledge of the skills needed to enter employment in the program area of their choice. William R. Moore College of Technology is a private, non-profit, two-year educational institution above the high school level offering occupational curricula in the fields of basic industrial, vocational and technical areas. The emphasis in all cases is on the application of "hands on knowledge." Students may specialize in one of several technological areas.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|William Moore College of Technology||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||29 staff|
|Total Enrollment||249 students||631 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||81 students||369 students|
|# Part-Time Students||168 students||262 students|
|College Completion Rate|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to William Moore College of Technology is Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences (0.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,170 students | 0.60 Mi1003 Monroe Ave
Memphis,  TN  38104
(901) 572-2468 0.601,170
- 10,227 students | 1.00 Mi737 Union Avenue
Memphis,  TN  38103
(901) 333-5000 1.0010,227
- 667 students | 5.10 Mi2655 Dividend Drive
Memphis,  TN  38132
(901) 761-5730 5.10667
- 633 students | 5.40 Mi2710 Nonconnah Blvd
Memphis,  TN  38132
(901) 345-1000 5.40633
- 1,310 students | 7.60 Mi5100 Poplar Avenue, Suite 132
Memphis,  TN  38137
(901) 761-9494 7.601,310
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.