Wichita Area Technical College
Tel: (316) 677-9400
- Wichita Area Technical College (WATC) has been delivering excellence in education since 1965. WATC continues to build on this tradition with quality instructors, talented students and state-of-the-art technical equipment. Together, these elements help create a hands-on learning environment that promotes participation and prepares students for further education and/or career experiences. The mission of WATC is to provide quality higher education and leadership in workforce training that supports economic development for a global economy. WATC will be the leading provider of higher education, specializing in the delivery of career technical education, utilizing state of-the-art facilities with highly qualified faculty, and offering a competitive advantage that drives economic development in the region.
- The teacher population of 149 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Wichita Area Technical College||(KS) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||149 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,373 students||1,551 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,050 students||653 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,323 students||898 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,000||$34,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Wichita Area Technical College is National American University-Wichita (2.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 259 students | 2.80 Mi7309 East 21st Street North Suite G-40
Wichita,  KS  67206
(316) 448-5400 2.80259
- 9,003 students | 18.90 Mi901 S Haverhill Rd
El Dorado,  KS  67042
(316) 321-2222 18.909,003
- 428 students | 28.50 Mi301 South Main
Hesston,  KS  67062
(620) 327-4221 28.50428
- 5,718 students | 43.60 Mi1300 N Plum St
Hutchinson,  KS  67501
(620) 665-3500 43.605,718
- 1,165 students | 48.00 Mi1200 S Main
Mcpherson,  KS  67460
(620) 241-0723 48.001,165
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.