Wichita Area Technical College
Tel: (316) 677-9400
- Wichita Area Technical College (WATC) has been delivering excellence in education since 1965. WATC continues to build on this tradition with quality instructors, talented students and state-of-the-art technical equipment. Together, these elements help create a hands-on learning environment that promotes participation and prepares students for further education and/or career experiences. The mission of WATC is to provide quality higher education and leadership in workforce training that supports economic development for a global economy. WATC will be the leading provider of higher education, specializing in the delivery of career technical education, utilizing state of-the-art facilities with highly qualified faculty, and offering a competitive advantage that drives economic development in the region.
The teacher population of 149 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Wichita Area Technical College||(KS) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||149 staff||62 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Wichita Area Technical College is National American University-Wichita (2.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 259 students | 2.80 Mi7309 East 21st Street North Suite G-40
Wichita,  KS  67206
(316) 448-5400 2.80259
- 9,003 students | 18.90 Mi901 S Haverhill Rd
El Dorado,  KS  67042
(316) 321-2222 18.909,003
- 428 students | 28.50 Mi301 South Main
Hesston,  KS  67062
(620) 327-4221 28.50428
- 5,718 students | 43.60 Mi1300 N Plum St
Hutchinson,  KS  67501
(620) 665-3500 43.605,718
- 1,165 students | 48.00 Mi1200 S Main
Mcpherson,  KS  67460
(620) 241-0723 48.001,165
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!