- Valley College is the trade name for the West Virginia Corporation Valley Training Centers, Inc. Valley College provides business, administrative and computer software applications courses to individuals and businesses, which lead to a certificate or an Associate of Applied Science degree in Business Administration. Valley College believes that their educational programs must be varied and challenging enough to maintain the interest of all students, yet flexible enough to address individual learning differences. Our mission is to meet the educational and professional needs of the community by delivering quality degree and certificate programs, which are flexible and career oriented.
- The teacher population of 3 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Valley College-Princeton||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 years (below associate)||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||3 staff||49 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||1||7|
|Total Enrollment||89 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||89 students||435 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$18,000||$25,000|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||98%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$11,788|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$4,750|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Valley College-Princeton is Bluefield State College (10.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,563 students | 10.50 Mi219 Rock St
Bluefield,  WV  24701
- 2,551 students | 27.60 Mi280 University Drive
Beaver,  WV  25813
- 331 students | 28.20 Mi120 New River Town Center
Beckley,  WV  25801
- 4,585 students | 28.50 Mi5251 College Drive
Dublin,  VA  24084
- 3,302 students | 28.90 Mi1000 E Main Street
Wytheville,  VA  24382
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.