University of Wisconsin Colleges
- The University of Wisconsin Colleges is a multi-campus institution that prepares students for success at the baccalaureate level of education, provides the first two years of a liberal arts general education that is accessible and affordable, and advances the Wisconsin Idea by bringing the resources of the University to the people of the state and the communities that provide and support its campuses.
- The teacher population of 433 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|University of Wisconsin Colleges||(WI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||433 staff||167 staff|
|Total Enrollment||14,045 students||3,351 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||7,300 students||1,122 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,745 students||2,229 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,000||$33,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Under the auspices of the University of Wisconsin System, the University of Wisconsin Colleges (UWC) provides an alternative way to take courses and get your online degree through UW Colleges Online. The University of Wisconsin Colleges offers general education courses at its 13 two-year campuses across the state. Students who take UW Colleges courses can earn an Associate of Arts and Science (AAS) degree, complete general education requirements for other degree programs, or take classes for other personal reasons. UW Colleges Online offers you this same opportunity to earn your degree or take individual general education classes entirely online. UW Colleges Online offers a fully accredited Associate of Arts & Science degree, provided entirely online through University of Wisconsin Colleges. We are dedicated to providing you the same high quality and easily transferable general education courses that you would earn through coursework at one of our thirteen UW Colleges campuses. Fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, UW Colleges Online adheres to the Guidelines for Distance Education espoused by the North Central Association (NCA) Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
- The nearest community college to University of Wisconsin Colleges is Madison Area Technical College (5.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 16,759 students | 5.20 Mi1701 Wright St
Madison,  WI  53704
- 3,381 students | 7.60 Mi5218 East Terrace Drive
Madison,  WI  53718
- 2,649 students | 7.60 Mi5218 E. Terrace Dr.
Madison,  WI  53718
- 2,471 students | 38.30 Mi6004 County Road G
Janesville,  WI  53546
- 1,730 students | 56.00 Mi2998 W Pearl City Rd
Freeport,  IL  61032
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.