University of Wisconsin Colleges
- The University of Wisconsin Colleges is a multi-campus institution that prepares students for success at the baccalaureate level of education, provides the first two years of a liberal arts general education that is accessible and affordable, and advances the Wisconsin Idea by bringing the resources of the University to the people of the state and the communities that provide and support its campuses.
- The teacher population of 433 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|University of Wisconsin Colleges||(WI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||433 staff||167 staff|
|Total Enrollment||14,045 students||3,351 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||7,300 students||1,122 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,745 students||2,229 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,000||$33,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Under the auspices of the University of Wisconsin System, the University of Wisconsin Colleges (UWC) provides an alternative way to take courses and get your online degree through UW Colleges Online. The University of Wisconsin Colleges offers general education courses at its 13 two-year campuses across the state. Students who take UW Colleges courses can earn an Associate of Arts and Science (AAS) degree, complete general education requirements for other degree programs, or take classes for other personal reasons. UW Colleges Online offers you this same opportunity to earn your degree or take individual general education classes entirely online. UW Colleges Online offers a fully accredited Associate of Arts & Science degree, provided entirely online through University of Wisconsin Colleges. We are dedicated to providing you the same high quality and easily transferable general education courses that you would earn through coursework at one of our thirteen UW Colleges campuses. Fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, UW Colleges Online adheres to the Guidelines for Distance Education espoused by the North Central Association (NCA) Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
- The nearest community college to University of Wisconsin Colleges is Madison Area Technical College (5.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 16,759 students | 5.20 Mi1701 Wright St
Madison,  WI  53704
- 3,381 students | 7.60 Mi5218 East Terrace Drive
Madison,  WI  53718
- 2,649 students | 7.60 Mi5218 E. Terrace Dr.
Madison,  WI  53718
- 2,471 students | 38.30 Mi6004 County Road G
Janesville,  WI  53546
- 1,730 students | 56.00 Mi2998 W Pearl City Rd
Freeport,  IL  61032
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.