University of Wisconsin Colleges Flex
- The University of Wisconsin Colleges is a multi-campus institution that prepares students for success at the baccalaureate level of education, provides the first two years of a liberal arts general education that is accessible and affordable, and advances the Wisconsin Idea by bringing the resources of the University to the people of the state and the communities that provide and support its campuses.
The teacher population of 433 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|University of Wisconsin Colleges Flex||(WI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||433 staff||167 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Under the auspices of the University of Wisconsin System, the University of Wisconsin Colleges (UWC) provides an alternative way to take courses and get your online degree through UW Colleges Online. The University of Wisconsin Colleges offers general education courses at its 13 two-year campuses across the state. Students who take UW Colleges courses can earn an Associate of Arts and Science (AAS) degree, complete general education requirements for other degree programs, or take classes for other personal reasons. UW Colleges Online offers you this same opportunity to earn your degree or take individual general education classes entirely online. UW Colleges Online offers a fully accredited Associate of Arts & Science degree, provided entirely online through University of Wisconsin Colleges. We are dedicated to providing you the same high quality and easily transferable general education courses that you would earn through coursework at one of our thirteen UW Colleges campuses. Fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, UW Colleges Online adheres to the Guidelines for Distance Education espoused by the North Central Association (NCA) Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
The nearest community college to University of Wisconsin Colleges Flex is Madison Area Technical College (5.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 15,250 students | 5.10 Mi1701 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
(608) 246-6100 5.1015,250
- 11 students | 5.30 Mi2702 Agriculture Drive
Madison, WI 53718
(608) 663-2000 5.3011
- 2,174 students | 7.50 Mi5218 East Terrace Drive
Madison, WI 53718
(608) 249-6611 7.502,174
- 2,174 students | 7.50 Mi5218 E. Terrace Dr.
Madison, WI 53718
(800) 582-1227 7.502,174
- 2,222 students | 36.10 Mi6004 South County Road G
Janesville, WI 53547
(608) 758-6900 36.102,222
In spite of the recession, composite technicians are in high demand. Learn about this green career and how you can get the training for the available jobs in just weeks.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.