Uintah Basin Applied Technology College
Tel: (435) 722-6900
- The mission of Uintah Basin Applied Technology College (UBATC) is to provide flexible technology education and skilled training in order to encourage individual and employer growth in partnership with the communities we serve. UBATC will continue to offer a wide range of programs that help you succeed in today's high-tech industries. Our programs have been designed with participation from our advisory committees to ensure that the training you receive is up-to-date and in demand by local employers. Our curriculum is individualized, competency based, and open-entry/open-exit where possible. This will al- low you to enroll at any time, progress through a train- ing program at your own rate of learning, and exit at the completion of training or upon obtaining em- ployment. This approach allows you to move rapidly through a program, obtain the needed skills, and find a job in a short period of time.
The teacher population of 43 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Uintah Basin Applied Technology College||(UT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||43 staff||34 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||24||29|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||28%||89%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Uintah Basin Applied Technology College is Utah State University-College Of Eastern Utah (64.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 64.70 Mi451 East 400 North
Price,  UT  84501
- 1,365 students | 64.80 Mi500 Kennedy Drive
Rangely,  CO  81648
(800) 562-1105 64.801,365
- 446 students | 89.80 Mi1450 W 820 N
Provo,  UT  84601
- 31,332 students | 91.20 Mi800 W University Parkway
Orem,  UT  84058
(801) 863-8000 91.2031,332
- 105 students | 91.70 Mi898 N 1200 W
Orem,  UT  84057
(801) 822-5800 91.70105
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!