The Refrigeration School
- The mission of The Refrigeration School is to assist learners in development of the skills and knowledge necessary for employment and professional growth. The Refrigeration School, Inc. is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at, http://www.refrigerationschool.com/about-rsi/regulatory-information/
- The Refrigeration School is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges.
The Refrigeration School places among the top 20% of community colleges in Arizona for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|The Refrigeration School||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||22 staff||66 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||4||14|
|Total Enrollment||912 students||6,476 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||41:1||39:1|
|# Full-Time Students||912 students||1,336 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||5,140 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,900||$31,100|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||77%||84%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$11,183||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,257||$5,022|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Refrigeration School (RSI) has trained individuals to become
professional, entry-level Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioningand Refrigeration (HVAC/R) technicians since 1965. RSI has since expanded its training and now offers multiple career-focused training opportunities. RSI`sinstructors are experienced industry professionals. RSI`straining programs are designed based on industry feedback to meet employers`needs. RSI promotes a student-centric learning environment to support the learner who desires to put forth a great deal of effort to achieve his or her desired professional goals .The Refrigeration School was establishedto train entry-level Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVAC/R) technicians. The Refrigeration School added the Electrical Technologies and Electro-Mechanical Technologies courses in 1986 and 1987 respectively, to respond to the growing demand for entry-level electricians and facility maintenance technicians. In 1992 the school made an additional commitment and developed the Associate of Occupational Studies degree program in Mechanical Maintenance Engineering .The RSI campus which is easily accessible from all parts of the Phoenix metropolitan area, includes two buildings with 21,000 square feet of classroom, lab, and support service facilities. An additional 5,400 square feet of outdoor shop area brings the total to over 26,000 square feet of training facilities .We at RSI want to ensure that your education experience is a rewarding one. Please note that RSI offers ample support to all its students. We wish you the best in achieving your educational and professional goals.- See more at: http://www.refrigerationschool.com/about-rsi/#sthash . LaSTKdlv . dpufSTEG-03-651 The Refrigeration School (RSI) offers quality vocational training designed to prepare graduates for entry-level positions in the skilled trades, specifically in the fields of HVAC/R, electrical wiring and solar installation. Students are giventhe tools they'll need tosucceed in the professional workplace, and are allowedample practice time using modern equipment, such as our E-STAR and M-STAR systems. Our career-focused curriculum offers hands-on training with an emphasis on troubleshooting, and our highly experienced instructors guide trainees toward mastery. Graduates who are dedicatedto learning will find that the techniques, technology and problem-solving attitudes honed at a reputable technical school can provide a solid foundation for a rewarding career. RSI has been helping students succeed for over five decades,and proudly offers extensive career services, housing assistance, GED training and financial aid for those who qualify.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to The Refrigeration School is GateWay Community College (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,950 students | 0.40 Mi108 N. 40th Street
Phoenix,  AZ  85034
- 20,215 students | 2.60 Mi2323 W 14th St
Tempe,  AZ  85281
- 418 students | 2.70 Mi1140-1150 S. Priest Drive
Tempe,  AZ  85281
- 290 students | 3.10 Mi555 N 18 St Ste 110
Phoenix,  AZ  85006
- 986 students | 4.50 Mi1100 East Apache Blvd
Tempe,  AZ  85281
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.