The Art Institute of Phoenix
- The Art Institute of Phoenix is one of The Art Institutes, with 41 education institutions located throughout North America, providing an important source of design, media arts, fashion and culinary professionals. The parent company of The Art Institutes, Education Management Corporation is among the largest providers of private post-secondary education in North America, based on student enrollment and revenue. EDMC has 66 primary campus locations in 24 states and two Canadian provinces. EDMC's education institutions offer a broad range of academic programs concentrated in the media arts, design, fashion, culinary arts, behavioral sciences, health sciences, education, information technology and business fields, culminating in the award of associate's through doctoral degrees.
- The teacher population of 51 teachers has declined by 49% over five years.
|The Art Institute of Phoenix||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||51 staff||66 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,009 students||6,476 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||39:1|
|# Full-Time Students||830 students||1,336 students|
|# Part-Time Students||179 students||5,140 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||337|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,300||$31,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- In 1995, The Art Institute of Phoenix opened its doors and the first class of students started in January 1996. One of 41 locations of The Art Institutes located nationwide, The Art Institute of Phoenix has grown from its original class of 45 students to more than 1200 students in Fall 2009. The Art Institute's programs include associate and bachelor's degrees in a wide variety of design, media arts, and culinary arts programs. These programs are offered on a year-round basis, enabling students to work continuously toward their degrees. The faculty, many of whom are industry professionals, strive to strengthen students' skills and cultivate their talents through well-designed curricula. Located in a four-story building in the northwest section of Phoenix, The Art Institute of Phoenix enjoys scenic mountain views from many of its large picture windows. Classroom and computer laboratory facilities are clean and well-maintained and overseen by a full-time technology manager. The Culinary Arts kitchens are spacious and filled with commercial equipment typically found in a production environment. The Art Institute of Phoenix is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award Bachelor of Arts and Associate of Applied Science degrees.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,468 students | 0.30 Mi2445 W. Dunlap Ave., Ste. 100
Phoenix,  AZ  85021
- 617 students | 0.60 Mi8503 N 27th Ave.
Phoenix,  AZ  85051
- 630 students | 2.70 Mi4425 W Olive Avenue Suite 300
Glendale,  AZ  85302
- 648 students | 2.90 Mi13430 N Black Canyon Ste. 190
Phoenix,  AZ  85029
- 628 students | 3.60 Mi6829 N 46th Ave
Glendale,  AZ  85301
June 21, 2018
Learn about programs offered by community colleges that allow students to earn a two-year degree and then go on to earn a bachelor’s degree either online or at a nearby university.
June 21, 2018
Explore a trend seen this year, where enrollment rates are stabilizing or even falling at many community colleges around the country.
June 21, 2018
After transferring to a four-year institution, how do community college students fare? Learn about the reports and studies that shed light on community college student performance at the university level.