The Art Institute of Phoenix
- The Art Institute of Phoenix is one of The Art Institutes, with 41 education institutions located throughout North America, providing an important source of design, media arts, fashion and culinary professionals. The parent company of The Art Institutes, Education Management Corporation is among the largest providers of private post-secondary education in North America, based on student enrollment and revenue. EDMC has 66 primary campus locations in 24 states and two Canadian provinces. EDMC's education institutions offer a broad range of academic programs concentrated in the media arts, design, fashion, culinary arts, behavioral sciences, health sciences, education, information technology and business fields, culminating in the award of associate's through doctoral degrees.
- The teacher population of 51 teachers has declined by 40% over five years.
|The Art Institute of Phoenix||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||51 staff||66 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,009 students||5,697 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||39:1|
|# Full-Time Students||830 students||1,101 students|
|# Part-Time Students||179 students||4,596 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||337|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.69||0.65|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,300||$31,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- In 1995, The Art Institute of Phoenix opened its doors and the first class of students started in January 1996. One of 41 locations of The Art Institutes located nationwide, The Art Institute of Phoenix has grown from its original class of 45 students to more than 1200 students in Fall 2009. The Art Institute's programs include associate and bachelor's degrees in a wide variety of design, media arts, and culinary arts programs. These programs are offered on a year-round basis, enabling students to work continuously toward their degrees. The faculty, many of whom are industry professionals, strive to strengthen students' skills and cultivate their talents through well-designed curricula. Located in a four-story building in the northwest section of Phoenix, The Art Institute of Phoenix enjoys scenic mountain views from many of its large picture windows. Classroom and computer laboratory facilities are clean and well-maintained and overseen by a full-time technology manager. The Culinary Arts kitchens are spacious and filled with commercial equipment typically found in a production environment. The Art Institute of Phoenix is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award Bachelor of Arts and Associate of Applied Science degrees.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,468 students | 0.30 Mi2445 W. Dunlap Ave., Ste. 100
Phoenix,  AZ  85021
- 617 students | 0.60 Mi8503 N 27th Ave.
Phoenix,  AZ  85051
- 630 students | 2.70 Mi4425 W Olive Avenue Suite 300
Glendale,  AZ  85302
- 648 students | 2.90 Mi13430 N Black Canyon Ste. 190
Phoenix,  AZ  85029
- 628 students | 3.60 Mi6829 N 46th Ave
Glendale,  AZ  85301
October 09, 2017
Forget the degree! Many community college students are landing good jobs with just a community college professional certificate.
October 07, 2017
October 07, 2017
Learn tips on how to support your child during during their transition to community college.