The Art Institute of Las Vegas
- The mission of The Art Institute of Las Vegas is to continue to be a leader in providing postsecondary education programs in the creative and applied arts in an environment where students who actively participate can maximize their creativity, enhance their professional development and acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to pursue a career at the entry level in their program of study. The staff and faculty endeavor to provide students an environment that encourages free expression, leadership and responsible decision-making that will enhance their professional development.
- The teacher population of 38 teachers has declined by 36% over five years.
|The Art Institute of Las Vegas||(NV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||38 staff||38 staff|
|Total Enrollment||952 students||3,024 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||37:1|
|# Full-Time Students||723 students||919 students|
|# Part-Time Students||229 students||2,105 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||143|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,300||$32,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- With industry mentors, like-minded peers and a unique artistic spirit, The Art Institute of Las Vegas and Culinary Institute of Las Vegas, a division of The Art Institute of Las Vegas, offer a nurturing environment where creative students can thrive in the design, media arts and culinary arts. The school is one of 32 Art Institutes located in major cities throughout North America. The Art Institutes have provided career-oriented education programs in design, media arts, fashion and culinary for over 35 years, and has more than 125,000 alumni. The school, located at 2350 Corporate Circle, Henderson Nev., was designed with the creative student in mind. Light, spacious classrooms and equipped studios, professional skills kitchens and Mac and PC computer labs offer a productive working atmosphere to explore and render creativity. The school also includes a library resource center, student gallery, student lounge, an art supply store, staff and faculty offices and other amenities. The Art Institute helps prepare its students for the competitive marketplace by teaching real-world, professional skills and directs students' portfolio development and professional resume creation. The school's partnerships with local and national employers help to deliver industry-relevant education that benefits both students and employers. The programs help students develop practical skills, using technology that's recognized by the industry.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 800 students | 2.50 Mi170 North Stephaine Suite 145
Henderson,  NV  89074
- 988 students | 6.20 Mi3333 East Flamingo Road
Las Vegas,  NV  89121
- 944 students | 9.90 Mi3535 W. Sahara Avenue
Las Vegas,  NV  89102
- 31,023 students | 11.90 Mi6375 W. Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas,  NV  89146
- 587 students | 16.80 Mi1451 Center Crossing Road
Las Vegas,  NV  89144
March 21, 2018
Learn how community colleges are outperforming 4 year universities in several different areas.
March 14, 2018
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
March 11, 2018
Community colleges face many hurdles, ranging from budget constraints to increased enrollment, but a new study pinpoints some of the largest issues - which may surprise you.