The Art Institute of Charlotte
- The Art Institute of Charlotte is a dynamic institution of higher education with a mission to give our students the knowledge and skills necessary to enter their chosen fields. Whether they choose the world of fashion merchandising, graphic arts, interior design, interactive media design or the culinary arts, our graduates are capable of contributing fully within a diverse workforce and a global environment. The Art Institute of Charlotte is licensed and accredited to offer Bachelor of Arts and Associate of Applied Science degrees as well as Certificates.
The Art Institute of Charlotte places among the top 20% of community colleges in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|The Art Institute of Charlotte||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||44 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,129 students||2,380 students|
|# Full-Time Students||611 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||518 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,100||$27,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to The Art Institute of Charlotte is Carolinas College of Health Sciences (5.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 486 students | 5.20 Mi1200 Blythe Blvd
Charlotte,  NC  28203
- 2,255 students | 5.60 MiAcademic Center, 801 West Trade Street
Charlotte,  NC  28202
- 19,957 students | 6.00 Mi1201 Elizabeth Avenue
Charlotte,  NC  28204
- 395 students | 6.30 Mi322 Lamar Avenue
Charlotte,  NC  28204
- 5,777 students | 15.80 Mi201 Hwy 321 S
Dallas,  NC  28034
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.