The Art Institute of California-Argosy University Hollywood
- The mission of California Design College is to provide postsecondary education in the creative and applied arts in a dynamic and challenging learning environment that is sensitive to student and community needs. The programs offered by California Design College promote a culture of responsibility and prepare students for entry-level positions in their chosen fields of study through market driven curricula.
Top Placements (California)
Listed among the top community colleges in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 65 teachers has grown by 80% over five years.
|The Art Institute of California-Argosy University Hollywood||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||65 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,602 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||977 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||625 students||5,903 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||144|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,300||$34,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- California Design College is one of The Art Institutes, with 31 education institutions located throughout North America, providing an important source of design, media arts, fashion and culinary professionals. The parent company of The Art Institutes, Education Management Corporation (www.edmc.com), is among the largest providers of private postsecondary education in North America, based on student enrollment and revenue. Student enrollment exceeded 58,000 as of fall 2003. EDMC has 66 primary campus locations in 24 states and two Canadian provinces. EDMC's education institutes offer a broad range of academic programs concentrated in the media arts, design, fashion, culinary arts, behavioral sciences, health sciences, education, information technology and business fields, culminating in the award of associate's through doctoral degrees. California Design College offers a range of programs designed to enhance the skills and marketability of individuals with a variety of educational and professional backgrounds. Developed in cooperation with industry professionals, these programs are updated to meet the ever-changing needs of today's marketplace. Programs offered includes Fashion Design, Fashion Marketing, Fashion Marketing & Management, Graphic Design Interactive Media Design and Interior Design. California Design College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) degrees, Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degrees, Associate of Science (A.S.) degrees, Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degrees, and Certificates.
- The nearest community college to The Art Institute of California-Argosy University Hollywood is Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Los Angeles (1.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,142 students | 1.10 Mi919 S Grand Ave
Los Angeles,  CA  90015
- 204 students | 1.90 Mi1237 N. Mission Rd.
Los Angeles,  CA  90033
- 14,688 students | 2.00 Mi400 W Washington Blvd
Los Angeles,  CA  90015
- 1,613 students | 3.40 Mi4021 Rosewood Avenue
Los Angeles,  CA  90004
- 1,358 students | 3.40 Mi3580 Wilshire blvd suite 400
Los Angeles,  CA  90010
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.