TESST College of Technology-Towson
- The right education could help you start on the path toward a successful career. TESST College of Technology in Towson, Maryland, strives to prepare you with the training and knowledge that could help you stand out from the crowd in todayï¿½s competitive marketplace. We offer certificate and associate's degree programs in areas such as allied health, criminal justice, and information technology. This could be your chance to make a difference. Our high-quality education programs help you to achieve the knowledge and skills you need to accomplish your professional and personal goals.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|TESST College of Technology-Towson||(MD) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||6 staff||164 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||5||7|
|Total Enrollment||318 students||4,515 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||53:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||318 students||1,174 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||3,341 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$38,300||$37,700|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||96%||75%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,449||$9,600|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,349||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to TESST College of Technology-Towson is The Community College of Baltimore County (5.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 22,887 students | 5.70 Mi7201 Rossville Blvd.
Rosedale,  MD  21237
- 5,024 students | 7.40 Mi2901 Liberty Heights Avenue
Baltimore,  MD  21215
- 501 students | 8.10 Mi17 Commerce Street- Commerce Exchange
Baltimore,  MD  21202
- 582 students | 10.90 Mi1520 South Caton Ave
Halethorpe,  MD  21227
- 6,714 students | 18.90 Mi401 Thomas Run Rd
Bel Air,  MD  21015
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.