- Our rural, 405-acre campus is nestled in the scenic Catskill Mountains less than two hours from New York City and Albany. It features a series of nine interconnected buildings plus the Paul Gerry Fieldhouse. Our campus buildings, including the Seelig Theatre located in the center of the complex, were designed by architectural firm Edward Durell Stone & Associates. Stone was famous for his work on the Museum of Modern Art and Radio City Music Hall in New York City, as well as the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C., among other public buildings and spaces. The Lazarus I. Levine Residence Hall and the EcoGreen Townhouses, both located just steps from campus, provide housing for nearly 400 students.
- The teacher population of 67 teachers has declined by 33% over five years.
|SUNY Sullivan||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||67 staff||85 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,558 students||1,688 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,020 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||538 students||525 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||390||451|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.73||0.70|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,800||$35,300|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Golf, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Our Mission
- SUNY Sullivan provides programs and resources that educate, inspire, and empower students and the broader community. Through excellence in teaching and learning, we prepare students for a diverse and interconnected world, and we support positive economic and social change within Sullivan County and beyond. We model sustainable actions and promote socially, environmentally, and economically responsible citizenship through an overarching culture of excellence.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,754 students | 26.30 Mi115 South St
Middletown,  NY  10940
- 3,594 students | 28.10 Mi491 Cottekill Rd
Stone Ridge,  NY  12484
- 3,598 students | 36.90 Mi2 Main Street
Delhi,  NY  13753
- 9,905 students | 39.30 Mi53 Pendell Rd
Poughkeepsie,  NY  12601
- 3,064 students | 48.90 MiOne College Hill Road
Newton,  NJ  07860
December 01, 2017
Learn about trending community college topics this week such as San Francisco's move toward free tuition at community colleges and the rise in hunger and homelessness among community college students across the country.
December 01, 2017
This summer will be wrapping up before we know of it, and your first semester at community college is rapidly approaching. Are you ready for it?
December 01, 2017
To encourage students to pursue higher education, some states are considering plans to offer zero-tuition programs at public community colleges. These programs could make college a reality for many young people, however, critics argue such programs would cost taxpayers a significant amount of money.