Sullivan College of Technology and Design
- Louisville Tech is a dynamic, changing, and growing institution. Due to the very nature of the industries it serves, Louisville Tech stays abreast of new technologies to meet the needs and high-tech demands of industry.
Sullivan College of Technology and Design places among the top 20% of community colleges in Kentucky for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has declined by 33% over five years.
|Sullivan College of Technology and Design||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||41 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||365 students||3,252 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||228 students||1,360 students|
|# Part-Time Students||137 students||1,892 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||500||220|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2007)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,100||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Louisville Technical Institute was founded in 1961 by George Dumbaugh, a professional engineer. Mr.Dumbaugh founded Louisville Tech out of a desire to repay a kindness extended to him by two individuals who helped him achieve his educational goals as a young man. Little did he realize that his helping hand would be extended to literally thousands of Louisville Tech students. Louisville Tech is part of the Sullivan University System, which includes Sullivan University in Louisville, Lexington and Fort Knox, as well as Spencerian College in Louisville and Lexington. Today, LTI is located on a multi-million-dollar campus awarding certificates, diplomas and associate degrees in a variety of technical and creative fields to graduates of both day and evening programs. Louisville Tech offers students a positive social experience both on and off campus. Some of the special events have included excursions on the Belle of Louisville, picnics, dances, and Derby activities. LTI students have received discounts to special days at Louisville RiverBats baseball games, Six Flags-Kentucky Kingdom, and Kings Island amusement parks. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees.
- The nearest community college to Sullivan College of Technology and Design is Sullivan University (1.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,462 students | 1.40 Mi3101 Bardstown Rd
Louisville,  KY  40205
- 1,120 students | 2.80 Mi3605 Fern Valley Road
Louisville,  KY  40219
- 13,550 students | 4.80 Mi109 E Broadway
Louisville,  KY  40202
- 879 students | 5.40 Mi1031 Zorn Avenue , Suite 400
Louisville,  KY  40207
- 439 students | 7.00 Mi10180 Linn Station Rd Ste A200
Louisville,  KY  40223
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.