Sullivan College of Technology and Design
- Louisville Tech is a dynamic, changing, and growing institution. Due to the very nature of the industries it serves, Louisville Tech stays abreast of new technologies to meet the needs and high-tech demands of industry.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has declined by 33% over five years.
|Sullivan College of Technology and Design||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||41 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||365 students||3,252 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||228 students||1,360 students|
|# Part-Time Students||137 students||1,892 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||500||220|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2007)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,100||$30,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Louisville Technical Institute was founded in 1961 by George Dumbaugh, a professional engineer. Mr.Dumbaugh founded Louisville Tech out of a desire to repay a kindness extended to him by two individuals who helped him achieve his educational goals as a young man. Little did he realize that his helping hand would be extended to literally thousands of Louisville Tech students. Louisville Tech is part of the Sullivan University System, which includes Sullivan University in Louisville, Lexington and Fort Knox, as well as Spencerian College in Louisville and Lexington. Today, LTI is located on a multi-million-dollar campus awarding certificates, diplomas and associate degrees in a variety of technical and creative fields to graduates of both day and evening programs. Louisville Tech offers students a positive social experience both on and off campus. Some of the special events have included excursions on the Belle of Louisville, picnics, dances, and Derby activities. LTI students have received discounts to special days at Louisville RiverBats baseball games, Six Flags-Kentucky Kingdom, and Kings Island amusement parks. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,462 students | 1.40 Mi3101 Bardstown Rd
Louisville,  KY  40205
- 1,120 students | 2.80 Mi3605 Fern Valley Road
Louisville,  KY  40219
- 13,550 students | 4.80 Mi109 E Broadway
Louisville,  KY  40202
- 879 students | 5.40 Mi1031 Zorn Avenue , Suite 400
Louisville,  KY  40207
- 439 students | 7.00 Mi10180 Linn Station Rd Ste A200
Louisville,  KY  40223
June 20, 2018
Explore a trend seen this year, where enrollment rates are stabilizing or even falling at many community colleges around the country.
June 20, 2018
Community college graduation rates may appear to be in dire straits, but what are the real numbers? Could it be that the “successful” students who transfer to four-year universities are considered community college “drop outs” statistically?
June 18, 2018
Community Colleges have existed for more than 100 years and they have changed significantly in that amount of time. Keep reading to learn more about the history of community colleges and how they've changed the face of American public education.