Tel: (801) 373-0285
- Stevens-Henager College is distinguished as one of the oldest colleges in Utah and in the country. Established 115 years ago, it is the only career college that has trained generations of graduates for Utah jobs. Today, Stevens-Henager is still one of the very few Utah career colleges offering accredited Bachelor's and Occupational Associate's Degrees.
The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 39% over five years.
|Stevens-Henager College||(UT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges: Arts & Sciences Focus||Item not available|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||17 staff||119 staff|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Stevens-Henager College was founded in Ogden, Utah, in September 1891 by Professor J.A. Smith as the Intermountain Business College. The school's purpose was to teach commercial subjects and place graduates in business positions. In 1959, the name was changed to Stevens-Henager College. A branch was established in Provo/Orem, Utah, in June 1978. Today Stevens-Henager College is widely recognized for its strict adherence to high educational standards. Its academic programs are designed specifically to meet the changing trends and requirements of the modern business world. Business leaders have come to appreciate Stevens-Henager graduates for their superior training. Stevens-Henager College has five campuses in Utah: Salt Lake City - Downtown, Salt Lake City-Murray, Provo/Orem, Ogden, Logan and one in Boise, Idaho. At Stevens-Henager College (SHC) you can complete your Associate's Degree in 15 months and your Bachelor's Degree in only 30 months. We offer accelerated degree programs in Medical Assisting, Respiratory Therapy, Healthcare Administration, Surgical Technology, Management, Business, Accounting, Computer Networking, Computer Programming, Computer Science, and Graphic Arts. Our unique high-value programs prepare you with multiple skills so you can acquire numerous certifications and/or licenses within your field. Stevens-Henager College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
The nearest community college to Stevens-Henager College is Utah Valley University (0.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 41,728 students | 0.50 Mi800 W University Parkway
Orem, UT 84058
(801) 863-8000 0.5041,728
- 412 students | 2.20 Mi1450 W 820 N
Provo, UT 84601
(801) 818-8901 2.20412
- 3,222 students | 13.90 Mi2301 West Ashton Blvd.
Lehi, UT 84043
- 1,064 students | 20.30 Mi12257 South Business Park Drive-Ste 100
Draper, UT 84020
(801) 816-1444 20.301,064
- 202 students | 26.50 Mi1902 W 7800 S
West Jordan, UT 84088
(385) 501-4803 26.50202
Your local community college campus offers a variety of art programs both traditional and modern. Find out more about them here.
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
From nuclear medicine to physical therapy, consider 10 in-demand jobs for community college graduates. With salaries ranging from $50,000 to even $100,000, opportunities are ripe for those with the right training from community colleges.