St Joseph's College of Nursing at St Joseph's Hospital Health Center
- St. Joseph's College of Nursing opened more than 100 years ago. Then, as now, students learned to practice nursing with compassion, excellence, vision, enthusiasm and integrity. St. Joseph's continues to educate excellent nurses who share these same values. Since our profession is ultimately about caring for people, we make sure our students get as much hands-on patient care experience as possible. The College of Nursing is fortunate to be affiliated with one of the nation's leading health care facilities, so when our students go into their clinical rotations, they are learning alongside the best nurses in their chosen field.
St Joseph's College of Nursing at St Joseph's Hospital Health Center places among the top 20% of community colleges in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|St Joseph's College of Nursing at St Joseph's Hospital Health Center||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||24 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||317 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||285 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||32 students||538 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||30||451|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$55,600||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The college offers an Associate's Degree in applied science with a major in nursing at the end of your two-year program. Also offers a Dual Degree Partnership with Le Moyne College for high school students wishing to earn both an Associate's Degree and a Bachelor's Degree in Science with a major in nursing in only 4 years. Personalized, professional instruction, including small group instruction and tutorial assistance. St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center offers part-time & flexible hours program for nursing students who have successfully completed the first Nursing course (NSG 101). Students must be matriculated in at the St. Joseph's College of Nursing to become a student nurse aide. The position offers the student the opportunity to sharpen their skills on the clinical units throughout the hospital. The program encourages professional growth in the nursing student with 4 levels to achieve. The minimal work commitment is 24 hours a month with 16 hours being weekend time.
- The nearest community college to St Joseph's College of Nursing at St Joseph's Hospital Health Center is Bryant & Stratton College-Syracuse (0.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 516 students | 0.70 Mi953 James St
Syracuse,  NY  13203
- 345 students | 1.10 Mi765 Irving Ave
Syracuse,  NY  13210
- 12,271 students | 4.30 Mi4585 West Seneca Turnpike
Syracuse,  NY  13215
- 472 students | 10.40 Mi8687 Carling Rd
Liverpool,  NY  13090
- 1,091 students | 17.10 Mi22 Sullivan St
Cazenovia,  NY  13035
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.