- The teacher population of 54 teachers has declined by 43% over five years.
|Spencerian College-Louisville||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||54 staff||89 staff|
|Total Enrollment||497 students||2,416 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||26:1|
|# Full-Time Students||497 students||574 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||1,842 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||220|
|% Two or more races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.61||0.27|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,400||$30,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Spencerian College was founded in 1892 by Enos Spencer, a nationally recognized business educator of his time. For over a century, Spencerian has been a leading career educator in allied health and business. Thousands of Spencerian graduates hold positions in business, medical professions, and industry all across the country, and employers continue to seek Spencerian graduates to meet their employment needs. Spencerian College is proud of its distinctive reputation earned over the past 109 years. Spencerian opened its Lexington campus in 1997, located in the heart of "Bluegrass Country." Spencerian specializes in business and medical areas at the main campus and technical programs at the branch campus in Lexington. Spencerian College is located on a beautiful 10-acre campus at 4627 Dixie Highway, just one-half mile south of the Watterson Expressway, in Louisville. Spencerian's main campus is equipped with computer labs, a learning resource center, medical and nursing laboratories, and numerous classroom and support facilities. Spencerian College offers education only for careers that are in demand. You can pursue a certificate, diploma, or associate degree in a variety of fields of study including Health Sciences, Business, Graphic Design, Computer Aided Design, and others. All of our programs are taught in quarters for more flexibility, with day and evening sessions. Spencerian College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award certificates, diplomas, and Associate Degrees.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 13,550 students | 6.00 Mi109 E Broadway
Louisville,  KY  40202
- 1,120 students | 6.90 Mi3605 Fern Valley Road
Louisville,  KY  40219
- 365 students | 7.30 Mi3901 Atkinson Square Dr
Louisville,  KY  40218
- 315 students | 8.50 Mi3101 Bardstown Rd
Louisville,  KY  40205
- 879 students | 9.70 Mi1031 Zorn Avenue , Suite 400
Louisville,  KY  40207
December 01, 2017
Learn about trending community college topics this week such as San Francisco's move toward free tuition at community colleges and the rise in hunger and homelessness among community college students across the country.
December 01, 2017
This summer will be wrapping up before we know of it, and your first semester at community college is rapidly approaching. Are you ready for it?
December 01, 2017
To encourage students to pursue higher education, some states are considering plans to offer zero-tuition programs at public community colleges. These programs could make college a reality for many young people, however, critics argue such programs would cost taxpayers a significant amount of money.