Southwestern College (Chula Vista)
- The teacher population of 439 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Southwestern College (Chula Vista)||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||439 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||19,000 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||43:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||7,642 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||11,358 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,700||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established in 1961, Southwestern College is one of 109 public community colleges in the state of California and the only institute of higher education located in the southern portion of San Diego County. Its location—nestled between the City of San Diego and the U.S.-Mexico international border on a 156-acre plot—positions it to play an important role in the intellectual growth of the more than 400,000 residents that call South County home. Serving approximately 19,000 students annually, Southwestern College offers more than 285 associate degree and certificate options. A host of noncredit courses designed to enhance personal and professional development are also offered through the College's Continuing Education department. Southwestern College has continuously received accreditation by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Whether pursuing an A.A. degree, preparing to transfer to a four-year college or university, or acquiring new occupational skills, students attending Southwestern College are given every opportunity to meet their educational goals. In addition to its centers, Southwestern College also provides off-campus classes at several extension sites throughout the district and operates an Aquatic Center in Coronado in conjunction with the California Department of Boating and Waterways. Current enrollment—at all locations—exceeds 19,000 students. More than a half-million students have attended Southwestern College since opening its doors 40 years ago.
- The nearest community college to Southwestern College (Chula Vista) is Pima Medical Institute-Chula Vista (5.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 901 students | 5.90 Mi780 Bay Blvd Suite101
Chula Vista,  CA  91910
- 967 students | 7.50 Mi4393 Imperial Avenue, Suite 100
San Diego,  CA  92113
- 8,644 students | 7.80 Mi900 Rancho San Diego Pky
El Cajon,  CA  92019
- 316 students | 9.30 Mi6250 El Cajon Blvd
San Diego,  CA  92115
- 16,298 students | 10.50 Mi1313 Park Boulevard
San Diego,  CA  92101
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.