Southwest Georgia Technical College
- Southwest Georgia Technical College is a public two-year technical college with the mission to provide high quality educational courses, services, and training programs through both distance and traditional delivery methods. These programs, courses, and services are provided to develop individual skills and abilities, to provide for intellectual and career development, and to meet the needs of business and industry. Achievement of this mission promotes economic growth and development and improves the quality of life for individuals and the community.
- The teacher population of 70 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Southwest Georgia Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||70 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,541 students||2,588 students|
|# Full-Time Students||408 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,133 students||1,473 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,500||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Southwest Georgia Technical College is a public two-year technical college with the mission to provide high quality educational courses, services, and training programs through both distance and traditional delivery methods. These programs, courses, and services are provided to develop individual skills and abilities, to provide for intellectual and career development, and to meet the needs of business and industry. Achievement of this mission promotes economic growth and development and improves the quality of life for individuals and the community. Education at Southwest Georgia Technical College moves with the speed of life, and we understand that life can sometimes change suddenly. Our Adult Education Program is designed for those individuals who need assistance with basic academic skills. Flexible programs with non-traditional classroom hours are offered so that we can meet the needs of most anyone's schedule. Our services include instruction in basic skills, GED preparation and testing, COMPASS test preparation, health literacy, and the English as a Second Language program. Classes are available at no charge to adults and are conveniently held in Thomas, Grady and Mitchell Counties. The Library/Media Services Center is located in the Sewell Building. The Center's collection of books, media, and journals supports the curriculum, as well as leisure reading interests. The strength of the collection lies in the medical, business, and technical areas. Computers are available and include general applications, Internet access, reference, an online catalog, and tutorials. Southwest Georgia Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate Degrees, Diplomas, and Technical Certificates of Credit.
- The nearest community college to Southwest Georgia Technical College is Moultrie Technical College (25.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,071 students | 25.50 Mi800 Veterans Parkway North
Moultrie,  GA  31788
- 2,470 students | 35.30 Mi2500 E Shotwell St
Bainbridge,  GA  39819
- 3,629 students | 35.50 Mi4089 Val Tech Rd
Valdosta,  GA  31602
- 12,400 students | 37.30 Mi444 Appleyard Dr
Tallahassee,  FL  32304
- n/a students | 40.70 Mi4201 North Forrest Street
Valdosta,  GA  31605
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.