Southwest Georgia Technical College
- Southwest Georgia Technical College is a public two-year technical college with the mission to provide high quality educational courses, services, and training programs through both distance and traditional delivery methods. These programs, courses, and services are provided to develop individual skills and abilities, to provide for intellectual and career development, and to meet the needs of business and industry. Achievement of this mission promotes economic growth and development and improves the quality of life for individuals and the community.
- The teacher population of 70 teachers has declined by 33% over five years.
|Southwest Georgia Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 years but < 4 years|
|Total Faculty||70 staff||108 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,541 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||408 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,133 students||1,473 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,500||$30,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Southwest Georgia Technical College is a public two-year technical college with the mission to provide high quality educational courses, services, and training programs through both distance and traditional delivery methods. These programs, courses, and services are provided to develop individual skills and abilities, to provide for intellectual and career development, and to meet the needs of business and industry. Achievement of this mission promotes economic growth and development and improves the quality of life for individuals and the community. Education at Southwest Georgia Technical College moves with the speed of life, and we understand that life can sometimes change suddenly. Our Adult Education Program is designed for those individuals who need assistance with basic academic skills. Flexible programs with non-traditional classroom hours are offered so that we can meet the needs of most anyone's schedule. Our services include instruction in basic skills, GED preparation and testing, COMPASS test preparation, health literacy, and the English as a Second Language program. Classes are available at no charge to adults and are conveniently held in Thomas, Grady and Mitchell Counties. The Library/Media Services Center is located in the Sewell Building. The Center's collection of books, media, and journals supports the curriculum, as well as leisure reading interests. The strength of the collection lies in the medical, business, and technical areas. Computers are available and include general applications, Internet access, reference, an online catalog, and tutorials. Southwest Georgia Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate Degrees, Diplomas, and Technical Certificates of Credit.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,071 students | 25.50 Mi800 Veterans Parkway North
Moultrie,  GA  31788
- 2,470 students | 35.30 Mi2500 E Shotwell St
Bainbridge,  GA  39819
- 3,629 students | 35.50 Mi4089 Val Tech Rd
Valdosta,  GA  31602
- 13,477 students | 37.30 Mi444 Appleyard Dr
Tallahassee,  FL  32304
- 1,243 students | 41.10 Mi325 NW Turner Davis Dr
Madison,  FL  32340
February 07, 2018
Air traffic controllers enjoy secure, interesting work. Earning a degree in ATC at a community college is an excellent first step to securing a job.
December 21, 2017
Many students start their academic careers at a community college, hoping to transfer to a four-year university, but find themselves missing the mark. Thankfully, a new report surveying university leaders provides ideas on how to help students make the transfer successfully.
December 21, 2017
Learn about the research that shows how participation in community college boosts student performance and success.