Southern Technical College (Fort Myers)
- The teacher population of 64 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Southern Technical College (Fort Myers)||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||64 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,259 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||883 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||376 students||655 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,100||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- With two campuses, one in Tampa and one in Ft. Myers, Southwest Florida College is a private, non-profit and accredited senior college. Southwest Florida College is a Florida career school that offers a future by helping you acquire the skills you need to be in demand in today's competitive workplace. Whether you want education and training for a new career or additional skills that will enhance your performance in your current career, Southwest Florida College's skilled team of professionals has tailored programs that are suited to meet your needs. The College offers Associate degrees, diplomas or certificates in Accounting Technology, Computer Aided Drafting and Design, Information Technology Management, Criminal Justice, Graphic Design, Hospitality Management, Management and Marketing, Medical Administration, Medical Assisting, Medical Transcription, Microsoft? Network Engineer and Systems Administrator, Paralegal Studies, Pharmacy Technician, Surgical Technician, Technical Administration, Medical Records & Coding, Early Childhood Education and Network Security & Computer Forensics. The College offers day, evening and weekend classes so that your training fits with your busy schedule. Learn at your convenience and at your own pace. Southwest Florida College (Fort Myers and Tampa) is authorized to award Associate of Science degrees by the Commission for Independent Education Colleges and Universities, Department of Education Tallahassee, FL. Southwest Florida College is accredited as a Senior College by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- The nearest community college to Southern Technical College (Fort Myers) is Florida SouthWestern State College (2.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 15,389 students | 2.80 Mi8099 College Parkway
Fort Myers,  FL  33919
- 2,780 students | 71.00 Mi600 W College Dr
Avon Park,  FL  33825
- 143 students | 72.20 Mi616 67th Street Circle East
Bradenton,  FL  34208
- 10,314 students | 72.70 Mi5840 26th St W
Bradenton,  FL  34207
- 27,298 students | 99.10 Mi39 Columbia Drive
Tampa,  FL  33606
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.