Southeast Technical Institute
- The mission of Southeast Technical Institute is to educate individuals for employment opportunities, professional growth and lifelong learning.
- The teacher population of 150 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Southeast Technical Institute||(SD) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||150 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,332 students||934 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,551 students||680 students|
|# Part-Time Students||781 students||254 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||202|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$38,900||$38,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Southeast Tech is one of the most affordable technical colleges in the United StatesOver 40 majorsLimited enrollment in most health programs
- The nearest community college to Southeast Technical Institute is Globe University-Sioux Falls (5.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 138 students | 5.00 Mi5101 S Broadband Ln
Sioux Falls,  SD  57108
- 595 students | 5.20 Mi5801 South Corporate Place
Sioux Falls,  SD  57108
- 1,568 students | 52.50 Mi603 W Park St
Sheldon,  IA  51201
- 1,198 students | 61.80 Mi1800 E. Spruce Street
Mitchell,  SD  57301
- 254 students | 75.10 Mi2720 Stone Park Blvd
Sioux City,  IA  51104
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.