Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College
- Founded in 1960, Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College is a public, comprehensive community and technical college under the governance of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS). The college serves the KCTCS Southeast district and provides Associate in Art and Associate in Science degree, Associate in Applied Science degree programs, certificate programs, diploma programs, Continuing education, Academic support and developmental education and resources to promote the preservation of the Appalachian culture by stimulating artistic expression.
- The teacher population of 111 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||111 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,660 students||3,252 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,818 students||1,360 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,842 students||1,892 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,300||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College provides the opportunity to participate in and develop leadership skills through several campus organizations, activities, and intramural sporting events, which promote educational, recreational, social and personal growth. With campuses in Cumberland, Harlan, Middlesboro, Pineville and Whitesburg, the college is able to offer a variety of student activities that accommodate each campuses student population. Transfer Counselors are available to assist student who are preparing to transfer to four year colleges. By completing the Associate in Arts degree or the Associate in Science degree a student will have a completed the transfer block that will meet the general education requirements for Kentucky State universities and colleges.
- The nearest community college to Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College is Mountain Empire Community College (15.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,718 students | 15.20 Mi3441 Mountain Empire Road
Big Stone Gap,  VA  24219
- 3,462 students | 21.10 MiOne Community College Drive
Hazard,  KY  41701
- 5,865 students | 46.40 Mi2425 Hwy 75
Blountville,  TN  37617
- 4,638 students | 51.30 Mi1 Bert Combs Dr
Prestonsburg,  KY  41653
- 9 students | 51.70 Mi100 Piedmont Ave
Bristol,  VA  24201
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.