South University-The Art Institute Of Dallas
- The Art Institute of Dallas is a private college for creative professional studies based upon focused and balanced curricula. Our college prepares students for careers in design, media arts and culinary arts by providing an intensive educational environment and by responding to changing technology in order to meet the opportunities of a global economy.
Top Placements (Texas)
Listed among the top community colleges in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- The teacher population of 56 teachers has declined by 56% over five years.
|South University-The Art Institute Of Dallas||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||56 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,155 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||932 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||223 students||2,866 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||252|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,100||$34,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Art Institute of Dallas is a design, media arts and culinary arts post-secondary school offering bachelor's and associate's degrees in Culinary Arts, Graphic Design, Advertising, Interior Design, Digital Media Production, Video Production, Fashion Design, Interactive Media Design and Media Arts & Animation. The school is one of over 40 Art Institutes located in major cities throughout North America. The school was designed with the creative student in mind. Spacious classrooms and equipped studios, professional skills kitchens and both Mac and PC computer labs offer a productive working atmosphere to explore and render creativity. The school also includes a library resource center, student gallery, student deli, an art supply store, staff and faculty offices and other amenities. Also on campus is the Chef's Gallery, a restaurant open to the public that's operated by senior level culinary students and overseen by professional chef faculty. The Art Institute of Dallas helps prepare its students for the competitive marketplace by teaching real-world, professional skills and directs students' portfolio development and professional resume creation. The Art Institute of Dallas is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate of Applied Science, Associate of Arts, Associate and Bachelor of Fine Arts degrees.
- The nearest community college to South University-The Art Institute Of Dallas is Everest College-Dallas (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 712 students | 2.20 Mi6080 North Central Expressway
Dallas,  TX  75206
- 18,915 students | 4.00 Mi12800 Abrams Rd.
Dallas,  TX  75243
- 207 students | 5.70 Mi1950 N. Stemmons Freeway, Suite 4080 Dallas INFOMART
Dallas,  TX  75207
- 12,403 students | 6.10 Mi3939 Valley View Ln
Dallas,  TX  75244
- 162 students | 6.10 Mi2600 Stemmons Fwy Ste 117
Dallas,  TX  75207
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.