- The teacher population of 149 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Sheridan College||(WY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||149 staff||149 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,374 students||3,422 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||20:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,399 students||1,085 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,975 students||2,337 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||502||276|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,000||$34,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Sheridan College is operated by the Northern Wyoming Community College District and includes the original campus in Sheridan, Wyoming, the Gillette Campus in Gillette, WY, and outreach programs in Sheridan, Johnson, and Campbell Counties. Sheridan College and Gillette Campus offer associate of arts, associate of science, and associate of applied science degrees, certificate programs, and program tracks that prepare students to transfer to a four-year college or university. In addition, students may elect to enroll in career training, professional development courses and/or vocational/technical programs. A number of master's and doctorate programs are available through distance learning agreements with four-year colleges and universities. Sheridan College consists of the main campus in Sheridan Wyoming, a commuter campus in Gillette Wyoming as well as outreach centers in Buffalo, Kaycee and Wright. Since the Fall of 2000, Sheridan College has offered classes via the Internet. The Sheridan Campus consists of 145+ acres featuring modern well-equipped facilities and attractive grounds. Over twenty campus buildings house academic, student services and residential operations. Sheridan College and the Gillette Campus are fully accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Nursing, Massage Therapy, and Dental programs carry additional professional accreditations.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,652 students | 89.10 Mi231 W 6th St
Powell,  WY  82435
- 1,531 students | 106.90 Mi3803 Central Ave
Billings,  MT  59102
- 420 students | 125.60 Mi2715 Dickinson Street
Miles City,  MT  59301
- 4,253 students | 137.10 Mi125 College Dr
Casper,  WY  82601
- 2,082 students | 140.40 Mi2660 Peck Avenue
Riverton,  WY  82501
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.