Sanford-Brown Institute-Wilkins Township (Closed 2014)
- Western School is dedicated to providing quality programs that enable students the opportunity to advance personally, professionally and intellectually. Our programs, led by dedicated faculty, are geared to help provide students a solid groundwork in the knowledge and skills required to acquire employment in their chosen fields.
|Sanford-Brown Institute-Wilkins Township||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,100||$34,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2013)||96%||94%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2013)||$19,993||$12,126|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2013)||$6,334||$5,000|
|Acceptance Rate (Year 2010)||75%||72%|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Western School of Health and Business Careers has been in service for 23 years and has produced over 8,000 successful graduates. The school is conveniently located at Pittsburgh and Monroeville. Day and evening programs are offered. Class size are small. Classes have facilities like industry current computer and medical labs. Modern curriculum – refresher courses are also available to help graduates keep up with ever-changing medical and business technology. Modern curriculum – refresher courses available to help graduates keep up with ever-changing medical and business technology. Supervised externships at medical and business facilities allow students an opportunity to apply classroom skills to a professional work environment. Western School's career-training programs emphasize hands-on training and focus in areas that offer strong employment opportunities. The Western School of Health and Business Careers offers targeted career training in exciting health care and business fields. Western School's Monroeville, Pennsylvania location was opened in 1989. Located just outside metropolitan Pittsburgh, offers vocational, business and health care training designed to fit your schedule with day and evening programs. The college offer three kinds of credentials. Associate in Specialized Technology Degree in Medical Assistant Specialist, Pharmacy Technician, Respiratory Therapy and Surgical Technology. Associate in Specialized Business Degree in Paralegal Specialist and Business Administration. Diploma Program are offered in Dental Assistant, Medical Assistant, Massage Therapist and Medical Office Administration.
- The nearest community college to Sanford-Brown Institute-Wilkins Township is Career Training Academy-Pittsburgh (5.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 80 students | 5.90 Mi1014 West View Park Drive
Pittsburgh,  PA  15229
- 217 students | 6.70 Mi5808 Baum Blvd
Pittsburgh,  PA  15206
- 382 students | 8.40 Mi5 Allegheny County Airport
West Mifflin,  PA  15122
- 114 students | 9.80 Mi421 Seventh Avenue
Pittsburgh,  PA  15219
- 120 students | 10.00 Mi179 Hillcrest Shopping Center
Lower Burrell,  PA  15068
If you are interested in sleep, then a polysomnography career may be right for you. Learn about how you can begin this lucrative career in studying sleep disorders at your local community college.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.