Sanford-Brown Institute-Wilkins Township (Closed 2014)
- Western School is dedicated to providing quality programs that enable students the opportunity to advance personally, professionally and intellectually. Our programs, led by dedicated faculty, are geared to help provide students a solid groundwork in the knowledge and skills required to acquire employment in their chosen fields.
|Sanford-Brown Institute-Wilkins Township||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,100||$34,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2013)||96%||94%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2013)||$19,993||$12,126|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2013)||$6,334||$5,000|
|Acceptance Rate (Year 2010)||75%||72%|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Western School of Health and Business Careers has been in service for 23 years and has produced over 8,000 successful graduates. The school is conveniently located at Pittsburgh and Monroeville. Day and evening programs are offered. Class size are small. Classes have facilities like industry current computer and medical labs. Modern curriculum – refresher courses are also available to help graduates keep up with ever-changing medical and business technology. Modern curriculum – refresher courses available to help graduates keep up with ever-changing medical and business technology. Supervised externships at medical and business facilities allow students an opportunity to apply classroom skills to a professional work environment. Western School's career-training programs emphasize hands-on training and focus in areas that offer strong employment opportunities. The Western School of Health and Business Careers offers targeted career training in exciting health care and business fields. Western School's Monroeville, Pennsylvania location was opened in 1989. Located just outside metropolitan Pittsburgh, offers vocational, business and health care training designed to fit your schedule with day and evening programs. The college offer three kinds of credentials. Associate in Specialized Technology Degree in Medical Assistant Specialist, Pharmacy Technician, Respiratory Therapy and Surgical Technology. Associate in Specialized Business Degree in Paralegal Specialist and Business Administration. Diploma Program are offered in Dental Assistant, Medical Assistant, Massage Therapist and Medical Office Administration.
- The nearest community college to Sanford-Brown Institute-Wilkins Township is Career Training Academy-Pittsburgh (5.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 80 students | 5.90 Mi1014 West View Park Drive
Pittsburgh,  PA  15229
- 217 students | 6.70 Mi5808 Baum Blvd
Pittsburgh,  PA  15206
- 382 students | 8.40 Mi5 Allegheny County Airport
West Mifflin,  PA  15122
- 114 students | 9.80 Mi421 Seventh Avenue
Pittsburgh,  PA  15219
- 120 students | 10.00 Mi179 Hillcrest Shopping Center
Lower Burrell,  PA  15068
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.