Sanford-Brown College-Hazelwood (Closed 2013)
- Sanford-Brown Hazelwood is a career-oriented college located in Hazelwood, MO. Since its beginning in 1998, the mission of this college has been to offer highly focused, quality degree and certificate programs so that each student can have the opportunity to maximize their potential in the business world.
|Sanford-Brown College-Hazelwood||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,300||$31,000|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2013)||100%||95%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2013)||$11,250||$12,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2013)||$5,524||$5,500|
|Acceptance Rate (Year 2007)||52%||79%|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Hazelwood, Missouri campus of Sanford-Brown College has served adult students in North County St. Louis since 1998. Sanford-Brown College classes are offered at times that can fit into the real world schedules of both working and non-working adults on days weekends and evenings. The typical degree or certificate program can generally be completed in 12-24 months, depending on your course of studies. Sanford-Brown College - Hazelwood offers short-term, career-focused training in expanding fields of business, health care, computers and Internet, criminal justice and more. The Hazelwood, Missouri campus of Sanford-Brown College offer Associate of Applied Science Degrees in Business Administration Concentration in Accounting, Management and Marketing and Sales; Criminal Justice; Fashion Merchandising; Health Information Technology; Occupational Therapy Assistant and Paralegal Studies. Diplomas are offered in Medical Assistant and Medical Coding/Billing Specialist.
- The nearest community college to Sanford-Brown College-Hazelwood is Saint Louis Community College-Florissant Valley (4.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 7,438 students | 4.00 Mi3400 Pershall Rd
Saint Louis,  MO  63135
- 415 students | 7.30 Mi940 Westport Plaza
Saint Louis,  MO  63146
- 1,851 students | 10.70 Mi4431 Finney Ave
Saint Louis,  MO  63113
- 305 students | 11.70 Mi909 South Taylor Avenue
Saint Louis,  MO  63110
- 172 students | 13.40 Mi1521 Washington Avenue
Saint Louis,  MO  63103
A new study by the Massachusetts Teachers Association has urged the state to hire more full-time faculty members at community colleges after uncovering a host of issues related to a growing adjunct faculty at these schools.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.