Sanford-Brown College-Farmington (Closed 2014)
- With two campuses in Norwalk and Farmington, Gibbs College offers career training in such in-demand fields as Computer Programming, Fashion Design and Merchandising, Digital Media, Computer Network Operations, Visual Communications, and Office Administration.
|Sanford-Brown College-Farmington||(CT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,500||$35,100|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2013)||100%||73%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2013)||$12,125||$9,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2013)||$7,573||$3,500|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Gibbs College specialized Associate Degree, certificate, and diploma programs reinforce the important communication, interpersonal and career-building skills necessary for entry into any job market. It is this combination that helps prepare you for a team environment where you can succeed as a well rounded professional. Gibbs College Norwalk campus offers specialized Associate Degree, certificate and diploma programs in Visual Communications, Digital Media, Fashion Design & Merchandising, Digital Filmmaking & Multimedia, Computer Programming, Computer Network Operations, Office Administration and E-commerce. Our team of professionals bring years of workplace experience to every classroom and encourage the leadership qualities, problem-solving abilities and communication skills employers demand.
- The nearest community college to Sanford-Brown College-Farmington is Tunxis Community College (4.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,193 students | 4.70 Mi271 Scott Swamp Road
Farmington,  CT  06032
- 4,075 students | 6.80 Mi950 Main Street
Hartford,  CT  06103
- 3,440 students | 8.10 MiOne Riverside Drive
East Hartford,  CT  06118
- 715 students | 9.70 Mi2279 Mount Vernon Road
Southington,  CT  06489
- 7,300 students | 12.00 MiGreat Path
Manchester,  CT  06040
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.