Sanford-Brown College-Farmington (Closed 2014)
- With two campuses in Norwalk and Farmington, Gibbs College offers career training in such in-demand fields as Computer Programming, Fashion Design and Merchandising, Digital Media, Computer Network Operations, Visual Communications, and Office Administration.
|Sanford-Brown College-Farmington||(CT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,500||$35,100|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2013)||100%||73%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2013)||$12,125||$9,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2013)||$7,573||$3,500|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Gibbs College specialized Associate Degree, certificate, and diploma programs reinforce the important communication, interpersonal and career-building skills necessary for entry into any job market. It is this combination that helps prepare you for a team environment where you can succeed as a well rounded professional. Gibbs College Norwalk campus offers specialized Associate Degree, certificate and diploma programs in Visual Communications, Digital Media, Fashion Design & Merchandising, Digital Filmmaking & Multimedia, Computer Programming, Computer Network Operations, Office Administration and E-commerce. Our team of professionals bring years of workplace experience to every classroom and encourage the leadership qualities, problem-solving abilities and communication skills employers demand.
- The nearest community college to Sanford-Brown College-Farmington is Tunxis Community College (4.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,193 students | 4.70 Mi271 Scott Swamp Road
Farmington,  CT  06032
- 4,075 students | 6.80 Mi950 Main Street
Hartford,  CT  06103
- 3,440 students | 9.70 MiOne Riverside Drive
East Hartford,  CT  06118
- 715 students | 9.70 Mi2279 Mount Vernon Road
Southington,  CT  06489
- 7,300 students | 14.40 MiGreat Path
Manchester,  CT  06040
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.