Sanford-Brown College-Farmington (Closed 2014)
- With two campuses in Norwalk and Farmington, Gibbs College offers career training in such in-demand fields as Computer Programming, Fashion Design and Merchandising, Digital Media, Computer Network Operations, Visual Communications, and Office Administration.
|Sanford-Brown College-Farmington||(CT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,500||$35,100|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2013)||100%||73%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2013)||$12,125||$9,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2013)||$7,573||$3,500|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Gibbs College specialized Associate Degree, certificate, and diploma programs reinforce the important communication, interpersonal and career-building skills necessary for entry into any job market. It is this combination that helps prepare you for a team environment where you can succeed as a well rounded professional. Gibbs College Norwalk campus offers specialized Associate Degree, certificate and diploma programs in Visual Communications, Digital Media, Fashion Design & Merchandising, Digital Filmmaking & Multimedia, Computer Programming, Computer Network Operations, Office Administration and E-commerce. Our team of professionals bring years of workplace experience to every classroom and encourage the leadership qualities, problem-solving abilities and communication skills employers demand.
- The nearest community college to Sanford-Brown College-Farmington is Tunxis Community College (4.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,193 students | 4.70 Mi271 Scott Swamp Road
Farmington,  CT  06032
- 4,075 students | 6.80 Mi950 Main Street
Hartford,  CT  06103
- 3,440 students | 8.10 MiOne Riverside Drive
East Hartford,  CT  06118
- 715 students | 9.70 Mi2279 Mount Vernon Road
Southington,  CT  06489
- 7,300 students | 12.00 MiGreat Path
Manchester,  CT  06040
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.