Sanford-Brown College-Farmington (Closed 2014)
- With two campuses in Norwalk and Farmington, Gibbs College offers career training in such in-demand fields as Computer Programming, Fashion Design and Merchandising, Digital Media, Computer Network Operations, Visual Communications, and Office Administration.
|Sanford-Brown College-Farmington||(CT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,500||$35,100|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2013)||100%||73%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2013)||$12,125||$9,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2013)||$7,573||$3,500|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Gibbs College specialized Associate Degree, certificate, and diploma programs reinforce the important communication, interpersonal and career-building skills necessary for entry into any job market. It is this combination that helps prepare you for a team environment where you can succeed as a well rounded professional. Gibbs College Norwalk campus offers specialized Associate Degree, certificate and diploma programs in Visual Communications, Digital Media, Fashion Design & Merchandising, Digital Filmmaking & Multimedia, Computer Programming, Computer Network Operations, Office Administration and E-commerce. Our team of professionals bring years of workplace experience to every classroom and encourage the leadership qualities, problem-solving abilities and communication skills employers demand.
- The nearest community college to Sanford-Brown College-Farmington is Tunxis Community College (4.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,193 students | 4.70 Mi271 Scott Swamp Road
Farmington,  CT  06032
- 4,075 students | 6.80 Mi950 Main Street
Hartford,  CT  06103
- 3,440 students | 8.10 MiOne Riverside Drive
East Hartford,  CT  06118
- 715 students | 9.70 Mi2279 Mount Vernon Road
Southington,  CT  06489
- 7,300 students | 12.00 MiGreat Path
Manchester,  CT  06040
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.